novideo_srgb: GPU-side LUT-Matrix-LUT calibration

Home Forums General Discussion novideo_srgb: GPU-side LUT-Matrix-LUT calibration

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 135 total)
  • Author

noiremk2
    Participant

And to further add, if I calibrate to a black offset within the icc profile I set. Is that something color managed applications are aware of, or should I just manually crush them with novideosrgb? I was curious to how srgb may display when using a black offset if it is baked into the icc profile and translates it.

Dato
    Participant

I test a little bit more

On Samsung monitor calmp to sRGB icc dont work, nothing changes. Clamp to displayP3 and rec.2020 synthetic icc profiles work, why is that?

On KTC monitor the situation is the same, only the edid is wrong

Case
    Participant

You should describe *exactly* what you are doing and how do you have things set up, and also what “doesn’t work” means. Your descriptions so far are very chaotic and unclear. If the clamp works with EDID, it should work with a correct ICC profile too.

Dato
    Participant

On my wide gamut Samsung monitor clamp to sRGB using edid is working fine, but clamp using icc profile (sRGB) produce no desaturation of colors (checking it on youtube page on red logo)

I dont see effect in action, red colors dont became less red.

But the clamp to displayP3 and rec.2020 icc synthetic profiles work, I see desaturation in action!

So the program is working, but why I not see the effect of applying sRGB icc profile?

Case
    Participant

On my wide gamut Samsung monitor clamp to sRGB using edid is working fine, but clamp using icc profile (sRGB) produce no desaturation of colors (checking it on youtube page on red logo)

This sounds like you’re trying to use the Windows sRGB profile as the ICC profile used for the clamp. If that’s what you’re doing, then it will obviously not do anything, because you’re essentially telling the application you’re already in sRGB.

You have to use a specific device profile, ideally (obviously) your own calibrated profile – if you don’t have one and can’t make one, you’re better off just using EDID.

The Windows sRGB profile is set as the default for your device in the Windows color management options, not used as the ICC profile within novideo_sRGB.

Dato
    Participant

Can you be more specific, I dont get everything that you write?

In windows cms I assign regular diplayP3 profile from apple to my monitor. But there is also an advanced tab with device profile, that I do not touch, and there is sRGB profile by default. I dont understand what this is doing, its a working space profile or what?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

I test a little bit more

On Samsung monitor calmp to sRGB icc dont work, nothing changes. Clamp to displayP3 and rec.2020 synthetic icc profiles work, why is that?

which configuration?

EDID: find out EDID values, if they are sRGB it wikll not clamp and it’s monitor fault. Also EDID srGB simulation with novidoe sRGB is ment to be use with an OSD preset with NATIVE GAMUT and no further transformations (no Rec2020 mode et cetera)

ICC profile:
    Check rXYZ, gXYZ and bXYZ of profile. If they are widegamut open a ticket on novideo_sRGB github.

On KTC monitor the situation is the same, only the edid is wrong

Vincent
    Participant

In windows cms I assign regular diplayP3 profile from apple to my monitor. But there is also an advanced tab with device profile, that I do not touch, and there is sRGB profile by default. I dont understand what this is doing, its a working space profile or what?

novideosRGB should not care about your color management settings since it is meat to simulate colorspaces like if they where inside monitor.

Hence test of desaturation should be done on non color managed software like MS paint or a photo on windows wallpaper. Better to use MS paint.

Once novideo_sRGB is simulation something, or DWMLUT or any other tool including HW calibration or factory modes, for color managed app you need to set as display profile the colorspace you are simulating, then restart the app if you opeed it before chaning the profile in OS  settings.
    Default display profile must match display behavior (inclusing GPU simulations) when color mamaged apps starts.

Case
    Participant

Not sure how I can be more specific, but since you’re posting screenshots, I guess that might be a way in case I was not clear enough.

In Windows color management, use sRGB for the device in question (first screenshot).

I never even touched the Advanced tab (second screenshot). That’s beyond my current knowledge anyway.

In novideo_sRGB, select your actual ICC profile for your monitor (third screenshot).

Attachments:

Dato
    Participant

Thank you all for the answers

But still for me program is not working correctly or I just dont understand how it is working

• EDID clamp to sRGB works
    • ICC clamp to displayP3 and rec.2020 also works (I created this synthetic icc profiles in displayCal)
    • ICC clamp to sRGB dont work(

Word “work” I mean colors desature

Like I understamd this program should read color primaries of the gamut inside icc profile and reduce color space accordingly

Why this is not happening?

Case
    Participant

Please post a screenshot of how your ICC profile in novideo_sRGB is set up.

Dato
    Participant

Here are the screenshot

There is no many optins to choose from

When I check – calibrate gamma to sRGB, shadows became less deep

Attachments:

Case
    Participant

What is that “sRGB 22.icc” profile you are using? Where did it come from?

Dato
    Participant

Like I sad before its a synthetic icc profile created in displayCal with sRGB primaries and eotf = 2.2

But also I try synthetic sRGB profile created in phtoshop and sRGB profile that bundled with Windows, they all dont work

Dont understand why is that, its a bug or something else?

Case
    Participant

So you are *still* using a synthetic profile even after being told multiple times to use an actual real profile? You’re beyond help, sorry. Good luck with whatever you’re trying to achieve.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS