novideo_srgb: GPU-side LUT-Matrix-LUT calibration

Home Forums General Discussion novideo_srgb: GPU-side LUT-Matrix-LUT calibration

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

No if “madVR xxxxxxxx” or “AW xxxxxx” were made at native gamut.

S Simeonov
    Participant

No if “madVR xxxxxxxx” or “AW xxxxxx” were made at native gamut.

They were made at native gamut dci-p3.

Vincent
    Participant

Then those setting are wrong. I’m not a native english speaker, but “from Rec709 to “simulated colorspace by novideo_sRGB”” does not seem so difficult to understand.

S Simeonov
    Participant

Then those setting are wrong. I’m not a native english speaker, but “from Rec709 to “simulated colorspace by novideo_sRGB”” does not seem so difficult to understand.

There is no way to keep novideo_srgb turned on, and watching a movie in madvr with 3dlut made specifically for madvr, it becomes a dark and desaturated mess. The correct way would be, for novideo_srgb to turn off automatically when madvr is detected, just how diplaycal profile loader works.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by S Simeonov.

Vincent
    Participant

There is no way to keep novideo_srgb turned on, and watching a movie in madvr with 3dlut made specifically for madvr, it becomes a dark and desaturated mess.

Because you are doing it wrong, you are chaining 2 color transforms that asume (each one) taht display behavior has native , and that is true only for one of them.

It’s 100% user’s fault.

The correct way would be, for novideo_srgb to turn off automatically when madvr is detected, just how diplaycal profile loader works.

The correct way would be using a LUT3D on madVR that reencodes “from Rec709 to “simulated colorspace by novideo_sRGB””, and that’s what you are not doing.

Then you apply an AMD driver, novideo sRGB or DWMLUT it is applied globally. Like if uyou had HW calibration capabilities on your display, hence all apps using that group [swoftware simulation + display] must acknowledge current status of that group.

S Simeonov
    Participant

I’ve tried that too, same result. “simulated colorspace by novideo_sRGB” is srgb.

Vincent
    Participant

Then such LUT3D won’t desaturate… it can’t (rec709 -> sRGB), unless you had not assigned it to Rec709 slot in madvr lut3d config and that is user’s fault.

S Simeonov
    Participant

The 3dlut is in the correct slot.

Vincent
    Participant

Then it cannot desaturate and the claims are false.

S Simeonov
    Participant

For the 3dlut in madvr to work, it needs the windows calibration disabled.

zunderholz
    Participant

novideo_srgb added support for “L* EOTF”. What is this?

https://github.com/ledoge/novideo_srgb/releases/tag/v4.1

Vincent
    Participant

A gamma value that results in something like visually equal distances between a grey and another. It has a gamma that starts low, 1.x and then rises to 2.x. It’s like sRGB TRC but more extreme.

noiremk2
    Participant

Just to make sure, I have novideo_srgb going still.

For my generic icc profile in windows, should I be using a generic synthetic gamma 2.2 profile generated by displaycal, or the stock srgb one?

I just wanted to verify, since I’m calibrated for gamma 2.2 offset 50%, and I’m not sure if setting it to srgb or gamma2.2 is more correct when selecting a synthetic profile.

Vincent
    Participant

This is the old disccussion about if sRGB content is meant to be displayed on g2.2 or if you must honor color management definitions : display behavior = display profile. I like the second one.

Old Man
    Participant

Shouldn’t you profile the display and use that?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS