Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I haven’t reported it yet. What should I say to them so they understand what the bug is about?

CalMAN calibration interface not working (anymore) under macOS with pattern area missing, something along those lines. Even if it turns out to be a macOS issue, it’s probably good to let them know and maybe come up with a solution.

I just tried rolling back to Resolve 15 and it did the same thing. Very weird.

Hmm, probably something related to a macOS update in combination with specific hardware then, like assumed by @Shust. A possible workaround is in DisplayCAL 3.8.1 though, when you maximize the measurement window, the background will be set to the same color as the pattern instead of black, which should work in your case as the monitor doesn’t have ABL, so full screen patterns shouldn’t cause problems. Another option could be to install Windows on another partition/HD and run Resolve there.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I just tried that workaround in 3.8.1 and it didn’t work. I maximized the measurement window and my grading monitor went to black. This is frustrating. I’ll have to try a different computer now to test.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Have you reverted back to using the CM calibration interface by following the instructions in my reply at https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/reply/17488/ and made sure you haven’t enabled the “black background” checkbox on the measurement window?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I went and opened up the preference in Text Edit removed that line, saved,  and tried the calibration just you said. Nothing changes on my monitor. The only thing that pops up on my computer is the interactive display adjustment. This is in 3.8.1.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That’s not possible, you previously confirmed that you only get the background RGB, so setting the background RGB to the pattern color was the workaround I came up with, there’s no way that can fail now.

Are you absolutely sure you made the change to the INI file while DisplayCAL was NOT running?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Florian Höch.

ephemera
    Participant

I had the same issues with wonky reverse color controls and nothing working right in Resolve 16, but maximizing the window seems to have fixed things for me. It seems like the calibration box was hiding somewhere for whatever reason. Sorry this isn’t fixed for you Synchro but your thread helped me fix my problem.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Interesting. What OS are you on and what were the steps you used to get it working again?

ephemera
    Participant

I’m on OSX 10.14.5 with Resolve 16 Beta 3 and Displaycal 3.8.1. All I had to change was maximizing the measurement window thing that comes up before you get the interactive interface. that made my full resolve viewer display the color chart. I think before I was just getting the not color chart part of things for some reason. Before reading this thread I’d tried a bunch of reinstalls and other troubleshooting, but all it really needed was that one change.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Are you using an external grading monitor as well?

ephemera
    Participant

Yeah, I have an akitio node with decklink 4k monitor going SDI out to an SDI to HDMI 6g mini converter (since HDMI out of the decklink has been weirdly unreliable for me) to the monitor.

Nc Nicole
    Participant

I can’t calibrate either after upgrading to Resolve 16.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS