Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I’m trying to calibrate my monitor (BenQ PV270 + i1 Display Pro) with Davinci Resolve 16. I’m also using DisplayCal 3.8.

First, I notice that the target area for the calibrator on the monitor takes up the entire screen, where before it was a smaller square. Secondly, I’m getting an error message pop up that says, “Error- Failed to re-seed the veronoi after 100 tries – too many node insertion failures ?

Any ideas what to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Anyone have an idea on this one?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

First, I notice that the target area for the calibrator on the monitor takes up the entire screen, where before it was a smaller square.

Adjust it to be as small as possible.

Secondly, I’m getting an error message pop up that says, “Error- Failed to re-seed the veronoi after 100 tries – too many node insertion failures ?

Make sure any dynamic features of the monitor are disengaged (dynamic/auto dimming, -contrast etc.)

Make sure min. display update delay for Resolve is set to 1000ms (unless you changed it deliberately, this will be set automatically).

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

There is an initial target square that pops up that I’m able to adjust fine. BUT, when I then proceed to the next step, the target then takes up the entire screen on the my grading monitor. Before, I was able to make adjustments to the size and in the next step that square size would be represented on my grading monitor. For some reason it’s not working the same way anymore.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What selection(s) do you have under “Display” in DisplayCAL?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Here are my settings:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by SynchroFilms.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I would need to know the list of choices under the “Display” dropdown.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Is this what you’re looking for?

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes. What happens when you make the patch window as small as possible?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

When I make the grey target patch as small as possible using the minus button on the gui it does not affect giant grey patch on my external display.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

As a side note: I also notice that the RGB controls affect the measurements in DisplayCal in opposite directions. Before, when I would raise the red channel for example, the red channel in DisplayCal would  go up. Now, it’s reversed in this version. Meaning display cal reduces the red channel when I raise the red channel on my monitor.

Is this a new feature, or improvement?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Nothing has changed there.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Do any of my settings look incorrect?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by SynchroFilms.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Please run the following in Terminal and post the output after closing the measurement window (note this is one long single line):

/Applications/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.app/Contents/MacOS/python -S -s -c "import sys; sys.frozen = 'macosx_app'; sys.path = ['/Applications/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7', '/Applications/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload']; import site; import re; from DisplayCAL import config as cfg, localization as lang, worker; from DisplayCAL.wxaddons import wx; print 'wxPython', wx.__version__; from DisplayCAL import RealDisplaySizeMM as RDSMM; from DisplayCAL.wxMeasureFrame import MeasureFrame; cfg.initcfg(); cfg_displays = cfg.getcfg('displays', raw=True); print 'Displays:', cfg_displays; match = re.search('@ -?\d+, -?\d+, (\d+)x(\d+)', cfg_displays); print 'Match?', match.groups() if match else 'NO'; print 'Display 0 size (mm)', RDSMM.RealDisplaySizeMM(0); lang.init(); app = wx.App(0); f = MeasureFrame(); f.Show(); app.MainLoop(); print 'size.measureframe', cfg.defaults['size.measureframe']; print 'dimensions.measureframe', cfg.getcfg('dimensions.measureframe'); print 'pattern_geometry x y w h area', worker.get_pattern_geometry()"

This assumes DisplayCAL is installed in the default location (/Applications/DisplayCAL), otherwise you’ll have to adjust the paths.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Could not find platform independent libraries

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>

Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to [:<exec_prefix>]

wxPython 3.0.2.0

Displays: iMac15,1 @ 0, 0, 2560×1440 [PRIMARY]:Web @ localhost:madVR:Prisma:Resolve:Untethered

Match? (u’2560′, u’1440′)

Display 0 size (mm) (599, 340)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS