Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Shust
    Participant

I think your guess is right Florian. Mac most likely is the culprit, since that is the only change I made to any software or hardware.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Yes Florian, the SpectraCAL CalMAN is the selection I make when calibrating on Resolve.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

And before I forget, make sure you have this disabled:

Important: When using Resolve 14 or later and an external video monitor, you have to uncheck “Release video I/O hardware when not in focus” under Resolve preferences -> Video and Audio I/O, otherwise the patterns will not update properly! You may restore this preference after all measurements are complete if desired.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Yes, I have that unchecked. Just confirmed.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Oh well. That would have been too easy 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Btw, I think you are only seeing a crop of the whole pattern area (i.e. only the background RGB), probably the upper left corner, or something like that. Is this issue maybe with the Decklink card, or the way it’s being driven by Resolve? The relative position (x y) from the log all seem correct. You can easily verify this hypothesis by enabling black background on the measurement window before clicking “Start measurements”. You should then only see a black screen, because the actual patch area is probably off to the right and down. You can then try moving the patch window into each of the outermost corners of your Mac screen (starting top left), which should make it show up in Resolve at some point.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I tried moving the patch in the corners and all over the screen with a black background too. Couldn’t find it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What’s your timeline resolution? Does it match the grading monitor resolution?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Resolution is 1920 x 1080p. And it matches the monitor.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

One more thing you can try is maximize the patch window. Then atleast, you should get the patterns, although fullscreen.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Maximizing the patch window doesn’t appear to work. It appears all black regardless of the background color.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

One last thing I’d like to see is if the packets are traveling unharmed over the network. Please download the attached Python script, unzip, then start a Resolve calibration in DisplayCAL. When the message “Waiting for connection” appears, instead of connecting via Resolve, open a Terminal and run the attached Python script, like so: python "/path/to/Resolve_testconnect.py" 192.168.1.6 (the last parameter should be your IP address). Once the script is connected (DisplayCAL “Waiting…” message will disappear), start measurements. This will naturally fail after a few tries as no actual pattern generation is going on, but you will see the received XML packets in Terminal. Cancel the process in DisplayCAL and attach the terminal output. Thanks.

(You can end the script afterwards by pressing ctrl+c in Terminal)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Florian Höch.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I’m not understanding how to run the script as described in your email. I have the script downloaded and open. Do I copy and past what you attached in Terminal?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, the script is a file (Resolve_testconnect.py). You copy & paste the following code into Terminal (adjust the path and IP address as necessary) after you start calibration in DisplayCAL (“wait for connection” message appears):

python "/path/to/Resolve_testconnect.py" 192.168.1.6

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Just sent a PM to you

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS