Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 16 Calibration error

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Is this what you’re looking for?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I’m not able to attach the Terminal script. Any ideas around this?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Create a ZIP, that should always work, or rename so that it has a “.txt” or “.log” file extension.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by SynchroFilms.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks. This looks normal as well (cx and cy is the respective relative width and height in 0 to 1 range), so it confirms this is some sort of Resolve (mac?) problem. I cannot reproduce it though.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Another possible thing you could try is use the LightSpace calibration interface instead of the CalMAN one.

Make sure DisplayCAL is closed, open Terminal and paste the following:

echo "patterngenerator.resolve = LS" >> ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini

Afterwards, use the LS calibration option in Resolve. You loose the APL patterns supported by the CalMAN interface, but in your case that may be irrelevant.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I couldn’t get any noticeable reaction from using that script in Terminal. Didn’t seem to do anything on my end.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Don’t worry, that’s normal. The only thing it does is enable the LS pattern generator in Resolve. Note that you cannot use the CM generator until disabling that option again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So, when you now use the Resolve LightSpace calibration option, do you still only get a black background?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I can’t get an apparent communication of any kind using the Lightspace method. So, I must be doing something wrong.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Meaning, if you start a Resolve calibration in DisplayCAL, then go to Resolve -> Color -> menu Tools -> Calibration -> LightSpace calibration -> enter IP, connect, start measurement in DisplayCAL, nothing is happening in Resolve? Not even black screen?

Please post the output of the following command in Terminal:

cat ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini | grep "patterngenerator"

Thanks.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

When I tried it this time, I got a black screen. All black and nothing else on my monitor.

Last login: Wed May 15 08:30:47 on console

Nicks-iMac:~ Nick$ cat ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini | grep “patterngenerator”

patterngenerator.detect_video_levels = 1

patterngenerator.ffp_insertion = 0

patterngenerator.prisma.argyll = 0

patterngenerator.prisma.host =

patterngenerator.prisma.port = 80

patterngenerator.prisma.preset = Custom-1

patterngenerator.resolve = LS

patterngenerator.use_video_levels = 1

Nicks-iMac:~ Nick$

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Ok, thanks. That’s as I suspected. Have you reported the bug to BlackMagic Design?

I will have a potential workaround in the upcoming next version of DisplayCAL, but it’ll only work with the CalMAN cal option in Resolve and when the pattern area is fullscreen. To reset the pattern generator option in DisplayCAL’s settings INI, remove the line patterngenerator.resolve = LS, e.g. from Terminal:

cp -n ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini.backup; sed '/^patterngenerator\.resolve = LS$/d' ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini.backup > ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL/DisplayCAL.ini

Or manually you can use the Finder “Go” menu -> “Go to folder” and enter ~/Library/Preferences/DisplayCAL, then open DisplayCAL.ini in TextEdit, find the line and remove it.

SynchroFilms
    Participant

Sounds good. I haven’t reported it yet. What should I say to them so they understand what the bug is about?

SynchroFilms
    Participant

I just tried rolling back to Resolve 15 and it did the same thing. Very weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS