X-rite i1 Studio + dispcalGUI does not work

Home Forums General Discussion X-rite i1 Studio + dispcalGUI does not work

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Displaycalnumpty
    Participant

I'm having issues with Display Cal 3 initiating a calibration with my newly purchased i1-Studio. I have a Spyder 3 as well but could never get any monitor I had match with the spyder, so I bought the i1-Studio. Oddly both devices calibrate the same using there own software. 

The Sypder calibrated with Display Cal but when I plugged in the i1-Studio DisplayCal updated.

I need help please.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What’s your operating system and versions of the software (Argyll, DisplayCAL?)

Displaycalnumpty
    Participant

Mojave 10.14.5 on a Mac Pro 2010 12 core with a Radeon HD 7950 3GB with an Eizo CG241W

DisplayCal 3.8.1

ArgyllCMS 2.1.1

Displaycalnumpty
    Participant

Interestingly I installed Display Cal 3.8.1.0 and Argyle 2.1.1 for the first time on a 2014 Mac Book Pro Retina running 10.14.15

Although I am getting stuck on the Mac Pro at “Set the ColorMunki sensor to Calibration position and press OK to calibrate the instrument.”

The MacBook Pro went passed that bit and is actually calibrating.

Displaycalnumpty
    Participant

Update. I deleted the updated version and reinstalled a fresh version of the newer DC and Argyle on the Mac Pro and it’s now working.

AK47
    Participant

Hi all, newbie here.

Bought i1Studio and MSI PAG272QR2, also have an AOC and Dell monitors.

I successfully calibrated the MSI on 7/10.  When I tried to update the calibration, I got a pop-up message telling me that my hardware and drivers do not support gamma tables.

Tried updating/rolling back software and drivers but no luck, though I can still calibrate the old AOC and Dell.  I have 2 PCs – i7-8700 with Intel 630 onboard graphics; Ryzen 3300X with Sapphire RX-5700XT SE … both machines can’t calibrate the MSI.

Help appreciated

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Did you install the ArgyllCMS driver (via Tools -> Instrument -> Install driver)? The device should be shown under “Argyll libusb 1.0 devices” in device manager in that case.

There’s no a “install driver item”.

Displaycal is watching device, but after self-testing saying me, that luma = 0.003 cdm2)))  – sensor is opened.

Mac OS X Catalina/colorminki design/photo i1studio/AOC 27G2U/displaycal v. 3.8.9.3/argyll v. 2.1.2.
    rented device with 2 days.
    calibrated with i1studio app as soon to give back.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Had read other tips: https://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_OSX.html#ColorMunki

“X-Rite ColorMunki
    Some version of X-Rite’s ColorMunki drivers released between 2009 and 2011 install an X-Rite daemon that runs as root and grabs the device, preventing any other programs (such as Argyll) from opening them. Latter versions seem to be more cooperative, and don’t suffer from this problem. There are three ways of working around this problem:

1) Turn off the X-Rite service for the ColorMunki. See <http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1161&Action=support&SupportID=4980&gt;.”

but https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/i1basic?ID=1161&Action=support&SupportID=4980 > “This product has been discontinued. Talk to a color expert today about the i1Basic Pro 2 to upgrade your color management solution!”

Be test it to disable manually:
    $

launchctl list | grep xrite

– 0 com.xrite.device.softwareupdate.plist

There’re no xrite services/daemons.
    ########

But I remembered the times when I used “Ubuntu” ))

Left to xrite’ app.

itsab1989
    Participant

I had issues with my i1 Studio as well. When Hi-Res mode is enabled it’s doing some strange measurements. When I choose adaptive (without hi) it works fine.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

I had issues with my i1 Studio as well. When Hi-Res mode is enabled it’s doing some strange measurements. When I choose adaptive (without hi) it works fine.

I have already given the device back. I rented it the same.
    Now use i1display pro again. Just I’d think, that to decide my problem  with i1studio in displaycal https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/aoc-g2u-and-calibration-problems/
    i1Profile is nice. All’re ok with i1profile app.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS