X-rite i1 Studio + dispcalGUI does not work

Home Forums General Discussion X-rite i1 Studio + dispcalGUI does not work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

1usmus
    Participant

The driver installed safely, but dispcallGUI does not see my device…. Tried different USB (2.0 and 3.0). Did not help.

p.s. windows 10 x64

help me please

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by 1usmus.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by 1usmus.

1usmus
    Participant

del pls my topic

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

could you resolve your issue?

1usmus
    Participant

Removing a driver via dispCAL did not help. I deleted the device forcibly in Device Manager  🙂

Matthew Hill
    Participant

I’m not able to get i1studio to recognize either. I have a colormunki display which I unplugged and then plugged in the i1studio then when clicking refresh on devices the drop down Grey’s out.

Device manager shows it being connected. I attempt to remove and disable in device manager. Also tried to uninstall and reinstall with no avail.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Did you install the ArgyllCMS driver (via Tools -> Instrument -> Install driver)? The device should be shown under “Argyll libusb 1.0 devices” in device manager in that case.

Matthew Hill
    Participant

That worked Thanks!

nosauce
    Participant

I also have an i1Studio. When I install in DisplayCAL via Tools -> Instrument -> Install driver, it installs the driver correctly (device manager –> argyll… –> i1 Studio (Argyll).

However under the main display for DisplayCAL, under Instrument it says “ColorMunki” not i1Studio. Is this what it’s supposed to read?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

under Instrument it says “ColorMunki” not i1Studio

That’s normal, these two devices are basically the same.

nosauce
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply! I’ve read the documentation guide on the main page. Is there a detailed guide specific to spectrometers (which options to select when), perhaps for the i1Studio. There seems to be none on YouTube. I’m hoping there’s one on the forum.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The defaults should work just fine, but it is probably a good idea to enable black level drift compensation.

nosauce
    Participant

OMG! It’s like night and day! I was so disappointed that my new laptop’s colors looked washed out and the Spyder4 Elite didn’t make much of a difference. I guess Spectrometers are better than colorimeters.

Do I need to do a new calibration for each brightness setting?

Henk Poley
    Participant

Do I need to do a new calibration for each brightness setting?

Technically yes. You might also ask yourself if you will be doing very critical work with the backlight lower. And you could simply put the backlight lower and run some Verification-tab test, to see how wrong it will be.

nosauce
    Participant

Are “brightness” and “backlight” different things? I’m currently working with my laptop screen. I haven’t gotten around to my external display yet which has a lot more settings.

When I calibrate my display using my i1Studio, it’s not measuring ambient light, correct? i.e. I don’t have to do the calibration in the environment that I’ll be using that calibration? There used to be an ambient light setting in DisplayCAL GUI when I used it 7 years ago. I used to give it an estimated value for the environment that I’d be using the display.

My laptop has two GPU’s: an integrated GPU (Intel) and a Dedicated GPU (NVidia). Most of the time it uses the iGPU. Do I need to do different calibration for my dGPU? In which case, how would I do that? Force my computer to use dGPU for the DisplayCAL program itself?

Henk Poley
    Participant

The backlight is the light/lamp in the back of the screen. If you change the brightness of the lamp, in principle the colours of the LEDs that it is made of change a slight bit.

Personally I wouldn’t bother too much about it, but as I said, you could simply measure it at full brightness and say half brightness. And see if it would be satisfactory for you.

How this all applies to multi-GPU systems I don’t know. But it tends to be that one of the GPUs that actually connects the screen stays at least a little bit active. While the other GPU’s end result is just copied to the first GPU that’s “not” in use, but it is still used to display the image. Though eh, if there are obvious color changes you’ll see for yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS