AOC G2U and calibration’ problems

Home Forums Help and Support AOC G2U and calibration’ problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Hi all.
    Sorry my English.
    Does somebody know how right set up displaycal with that device? About AOC 27G2U/BK.
    info:
    Mac OS X Catalina/i1Display pro/AOC 27G2U/displaycal v. 3.8.9.3/argyll v. 2.1.2.

What I’d do:
    Correction: none
    levels: rgb
    mode: lcd generic (I cannot found lcd white led mode in that app) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    temperature:6500
    white = 120 cdm
    gamma 2.2

Problem:
    When I’m beginning to calibrate that one, that displaycal “want”, that I change red level to some infinity, or change green and blue levels to (about) 25%. I “agree” with it and continue to profile one. After calibrate&profile (set rgb levels&white level&load icc to cms) I watch, that all colors were been very red and cold. I compare it with ipad’s, iphone’s, tv’s.
    Other people write me, that my corrected images very warm (after  my 3dlut creator or photoshop color corrections).

For remarks – If I calibrate&profile that device with i1profiler and not wit argyll, that I don’t have problems – when calibrate display, that app dont want set red level to 100% and gb to 25%. And temperature&tint = similar one on other devs.

What am I doing not right?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

About displaycal’ modes
    On a lot of resources people says about white led lcd etc modes. but I watch lcd (generic) mode only in that app. A refresh item cannot help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

There’s no difference here for you. But: you have to set colorimeter correction for your display type. You may use one attached. And even with this spectral type correction I recommend to set white point visually, see another attachement. – There’s factory difference between different consumer colorimeter instances. Default WP is 6500K (used in sRGB image profile) for displays, this is warm comparing to stock displays/TVs.

Attachments:

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Looking at the target the color appears to be great anyway.

Attachments:

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Created a white dot on the eye. After adjusting and profiling the monitor, the image became generally terrible. Strong difference relative to other devices. iphone ps, iphone 10, lg tv.

Vincent
    Participant

You need to chose default settings due to the severe limitations of macOS color management system. Complex profiles are not supported by the OS’ color management engine.

Also use WLED PFS Panasonic 94% CCSS correction in displayCal with is exactly the same as WLED PFS phosphor correction in i1Profiler. From user made colorimeter spectral sample in displaycal database , it is the closest one and it’s better than the custom one.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Vincent.

Дмитрий Мышков
    Participant

Single curve + matrix + default testchart. I use it.

I ask to hold for me i1 studio spectrometer. A strange result anyway.  Maybe on old iphone color temperature  more warmer… don’t understand.

Vincent
    Participant

Xrite software for i1 Studio uses 10nm readings, with DisplayCAL can you can use 3nm high res which capture better that backlight.

With any narrow  spectral power distribution (red) there is a change of observer metameric failure as pointed by Alexei. That is non correctable unless you set manually whitepoint for a visual match.
    Also IDNK how close an iphone is to D65, but mac “computer” (no phones) screens are no D65 by far, they have cooler white, so you cannot use them as comparison fro D65. Of course you can measure a mac computer screen “out of the box” and set those coordinates as target white for your AOC. Validation vs “assumed whitepoint” will be off, but since you do not aime for as proper white but to a mac computer screen white  (or whatever device whitepoint you want to clone) it should not matter.

It is possible to have issues because user caused missconfiguration, it can happen if you mess too much on OSD controls while aiming at whitepoint, like channel saturated once you pass X gain OSD. This is common with gains that are default at some “midpoint” on OSD instead of other vendors that always place such gains at 0-100 range with 100 default (native white).

As a last hint, user visual impresions without attaching a full HTML measurement report (HTML, no screenshots)are meaningless because people cannot know how many things you could have done wrong, if there is no detailed infor cannot be detailed help. Maybe even measurement report is seeing what you see and it is pointing to error.
    Also plotting your profile calibration corves (1D GPU LUT) can give a hint of such user mistakes, like whitepoint correction in GPU, channel saturation and such things.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS