What am I looking at ?

Home Forums Help and Support What am I looking at ?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Not currently. You can get a view of the neutral response (tone curve) by dragging the accompanying .icm file with the same basename as the 3D LUT into the profile information viewer.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I’m getting clipping on this older monitor of mine

But, the measurement looks fine. Not sure what to make of it.

I’ve tried using 425 patches and High speed,  no difference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Your monitor has a small “dead” region above black. Try a low amount of black point correction (e.g. 1%) on the “Calibration” tab.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

how do I see the dead measurements in displaycal. does that show up on the graphs ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

how do I see the dead measurements in displaycal. does that show up on the graphs ?

No, not really. It does show in the raw measurement data (Y doesn’t increase until around 2.8% RGB).

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

No, not really. It does show in the raw measurement data (Y doesn’t increase until around 2.8% RGB).

How do I see this info in displaycal..

Also, is there a difference between adjusting the  3dlut’s blackpoint correction vs the correction in clibrations ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You can’t. You have to open the measurement .ti3 in a text editor.

Also, is there a difference between adjusting the  3dlut’s blackpoint correction vs the correction in clibrations ?

If you want black point correction, you have to apply it via the calibration.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

You can’t. You have to open the measurement .ti3 in a text editor.

If you want black point correction, you have to apply it via the calibration.

Hi florian, i just tried out the black point correction @ 1% under calibration, it has not alleviated the issue

I believe i described the issue incorrectly,   the clipping only happens when the 3dlut is applied,  so the calibration alone is not clipping it..

Running mpchc w/madvr and no-3dlut,  there’s no clipping.

I’m not sure if that influence where the error is.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Scratch that last post.. I didn’t click install profile on the last run.. haha

The black point correction fixes the clipping .

Is there a way to specify even smaller percentages?

For the black point correction rate . the documentation says use a higher rate if there is “too much coloration near black” what does that mean ?

What is the difference between the percentage  and rate ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a way to specify even smaller percentages?

I think 1% increments really is sufficient.

For the black point correction rate . the documentation says use a higher rate if there is “too much coloration near black” what does that mean ?

The rate controls, well, the rate of the blending to black. Lower rate = more gradual blending, higher rate = more rapid blending.

Fei Taishi
    Participant

sorry to cut the queue.  I wonder why my measurement report didn’t show up the contrast like his report?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

sorry to cut the queue.  I wonder why my measurement report didn’t show up the contrast like his report?

Sorry, I don’t follow. What is your question related to?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS