Madvr settings

Home Forums Help and Support Madvr settings

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Florian Höch 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

From the default 3dlut rec709 settings.

Under the Calibration tab, the tone curve default is set to “As measured”

Is there a specific reason for this ?  As in, does the 3DLut generated later take care of all tone adjustment,  Such that this tone curve  portion of the calibration is unnecessary ?

Also, the output level setting from the “Display and Instrument” tab is removed under the default madvr 3dlut setting,   is it 0-255 or 16-235?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a specific reason for this ? As in, does the 3DLut generated later take care of all tone adjustment, Such that this tone curve portion of the calibration is unnecessary ?

Correct, the 3D LUT does take care of everything (thus the separate tone curve choice on the 3D LUT tab), so time spent creating 1D LUT calibration would essentially be wasted. The only reason to enable 1D LUT calibration is if you also want to install the resulting profile, and have non-color-managed apps benefit from at least having neutral grays and following the chosen tone response. For madVR, it’s not relevant.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Hi Florian,

My Displaycal on my laptop is totally screwed up.

It just hangs now whenever I try to run madvr calibration through madtpg. Then when I tried to close, it won’t even close.

Not sure if it’s something wrong with argyl or dispcal.

Where are the argyl and dispcal settings and caches saved, I’d like to delete everything and start fresh..

are there any reg values to delete etc ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It just hangs now whenever I try to run madvr calibration through madtpg. Then when I tried to close, it won’t even close.

Try re-installing madVR (first uninstall, then install).

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Thx florian, that fixed it.

I’ve got an old tv here, trying to understand how to work the RGB Cut-off controls ..

View post on imgur.com

Looking at this rgb grey balance graph,   Could you pencil in how the curve should look ?

Am I trying to line up that little rgb inflection point at 7% ,  or somewhere around 20%

This is on the srgb 2.1 simulation profile measurement..

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Also, is there a test pattern in displaycal which could be adhoc-ed similarly to the dynamic range clipping test like in spectral cal..

Florian Höch
    Administrator

RGB gray balance in the report is just informational. Look at the delta E for grayscale in the overview.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS