Madvr settings

Home Forums Help and Support Madvr settings

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

the 3dlut created will not go into the Calibrations tab of madvr, it will only go into the tonemap using external 3dlut tab.

How do I use the tonemap using shader, then apply a 3dlut to it after the shader does its thing.

Hmm, indeed. It looks like this is something that madshi may have to add to madVR.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

This is confusing, because why wouldn’t it work this way,  as there is a slot for rec2020 in the calibrations tab.

Creating a Rec709 lut certainly works for  Shader hdr to sdr.

Perhaps there are flags some where not set correctly ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, the flags are correct. But an option in madVR under HDR for pixel shader + HDR output + LUT is missing.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

No, the flags are correct. But an option in madVR under HDR for pixel shader + HDR output + LUT is missing.

Thanks for clearing it up Florian,  I was pulling hairs out.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Hi Florian, Have you spoken to Madshi about this yet ?

Will we eventually be able to create HDR 3DLut for use with the Madvr Tonemapping shader like how it works now with 8bit SDR lut ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No. He is busy with HDR tone mapping development. Feel free to open a ticket on the madVR bug tracker though.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

No. He is busy with HDR tone mapping development. Feel free to open a ticket on the madVR bug tracker though.

Ah, I see.

I’ve got an older U2410 recently, it has 10bit and Wide-gamut. Is there anyway to put those 2 elements to make HDR look better on this monitor through Madvr 3D lut ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve got an older U2410 recently, it has 10bit and Wide-gamut. Is there anyway to put those 2 elements to make HDR look better on this monitor through Madvr 3D lut ?

Yes, because you can use HDR to SDR conversion. The normal SDR 3D LUT (if any) will be applied in that case.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Yes, because you can use HDR to SDR conversion. The normal SDR 3D LUT (if any) will be applied in that case.

Does the Source colorspace have to be changed to DCI-P3  for the Lut to take advantage of the Wide Gamut ?

• What is the difference between the first and D65  dci-p3
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does the Source colorspace have to be changed to DCI-P3 for the Lut to take advantage of the Wide Gamut ?

Yes.

What is the difference between the first and D65 dci-p3

DCI-P3 uses the DCI whitepoint (based on Xenon lamp cinema projectors, CCT of 6300K, but not close to daylight, more on the greenish side). DCI-P3 D65 uses a D65 equivalent whitepoint. The latter is the correct choice for HDR playback.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

When calibrating for dci-p3.  Are there any settings that need to be set on the Madvr settings side ? As in, is there some option to tell it that I want dci-p3 ?

I ask because I notice that Madtpg top bar says (bt. 709), even though the u2410  monitor is clearly in wide gamut mode. And the measurements are wide.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When calibrating for dci-p3. Are there any settings that need to be set on the Madvr settings side ? As in, is there some option to tell it that I want dci-p3 ?

No.

I ask because I notice that Madtpg top bar says (bt. 709)

This is only used to select the 3D LUT slot for verification.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS