Macbook pro 14/16 mini led

Home Forums General Discussion Macbook pro 14/16 mini led

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

So you did not fine tune the white point?

matck06
    Participant

The white point does not need to be calibrated on displaycal I uncheck it because I measure it and I adjust it on the Apple d65 photography dci p3 parameters. A bit like on this explanatory vidéo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That was what I did mean 🙂 fine tune white point in apples own settings

matck06
    Participant

Once the white point has been measured (the white point must be measured with displaycal and the “pfs wled macbook” profile as attached in my screens), you must put the parameters like this with the tone curve on “as measured”

To measure the white point with displaycal you have to launch the calibration and you can retrieve the coordinates of the white point as with i1 profiler

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does your lcd led file in Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles or in Mac HD/Users/<username>/Library/ColorSync/Profile also change creation and modification date to todays date all the time?

im worrried if some sw has tamperd with it

Vincent
    Participant

If grey is neutral just using whitepoint editor from apple, there is no need to create custom profile+calibration. Maybe you want a custom profile without calibration.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How can I verify if grey is neutral after white point adjustment aka. Fine tune in apples menu

Vincent
    Participant

Verify default profile like matck06 did in the first pages of this thread.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Vincent.

matck06
    Participant

so to check your WP you put your apple profile “dci p3 d65 photographie”, then you refine your WP (using displaycal and the wled pfs macbook profile).

then in displaycal you do as on my screen you look for the profile in your macos folder.

and you should get more or less an identical result to the one I attached below.

then if you decide to create an icc profile like me, leave on as ‘measured’ WP and tone curve

and then run the calibration and you would get this:

on the other hand, it does not change anything to the eye, just the Delta E drops slightly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS