Macbook pro 14/16 mini led

Home Forums General Discussion Macbook pro 14/16 mini led

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Okay then no need I will stick to the target profile and calibrate from Apple p3 xdr 1600 nit as you advised me.

Not at all, I’ve said the opposite but do as you wish.

matck06
    Participant

Okay then no need I will stick to the target profile and calibrate from Apple p3 xdr 1600 nit as you advised me.

Not at all, I’ve said the opposite but do as you wish.

Sorry, but with google translate it is complicated.

But yes after having reread the posts, it is not possible to calibrate a hdr profile, except the apple p3 1600 nit profile is a hdr profile (xdr =extrem dynamique range)

sorry for the misunderstanding

Vincent
    Participant

I would say that Apple P3 1600nit preset is “as is”.

Profile P3-D65 & P3-D50 presets in macOS preferences which are the ones you will be using.

matck06
    Participant

I understood, the 1600 nit p3 profile will remain as it is and will only be used for watching HDR content which is generally rare, moreover it causes blooming on the mini led.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you run it in clamshell with one display connected with USB-C DisplayCal will have issues. The solution is that you have both display open during use.

This was not a issue with Macbook M1 (first gen)

Other issue with the 14″ is that when you reboot and only have one display and the MBP in clamshell you will be stuck with black display with only the mouse cursor that are visible. Solution hard reboot trough the button.

matck06
    Participant

Here are my integrated profile, I choose this one “photography (p3-D65)? Moreover this profile prevents me from raising or lowering my brightness when I press the + buttons or-there is a padlock.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Use the XDR profile. Then in in DisplayCal use the 99% Correction.

Edit:
    DisplayCal will crash and do funny things let’s just hope that they will update it for the Apple Silicon. I guess that they need to update it for the Win 11 also.

matck06
    Participant

Utilisez le profil XDR. Ensuite, dans DisplayCal utilisez la correction de 99%.
    Edit:<br class=”six-page-style-el”>
    DisplayCal va s’écraser et faire des choses drôles laissez-les espérer juste qu’ils le mettront à jour pour le Silicon Apple. Je suppose qu’ils doivent le mettre à jour pour le 11 gagnant.

I have Vincent who advises me against the XDR profile and you the opposite I admit that I no longer know thé

Vincent
    Participant

*IF* P3-1600nit is for PQ TRC, HDR, etc… it makes no sense use it for calibration or photo purposes.

Also it make no sense to lock brightness on P3-D65/P3-D50. Maybe it’s OS bug… it would be useless to have such presets (excluding D50)

Anyway, choose an SDR preset P3 what allows you to raise or lower brightness to your desired value. Then default settings and let DisplayCAL do the job.

matck06
    Participant

It’s good I found, you have to use the apple P3 display 500 nit profile it is not hdr, while the xdr 1600 nit profile is HDR, I attach the screenshots, moreover if the brightness does not go up is that the profile “photography (p3-D65)” is locked on 160 nit.

Attachments:

matck06
    Participant

the installed displaycal icc profile does not show up in the macos icc profile list even if I put it in library / colorsync, I don’t understand, and if I verify the check I get this.

I used the p3 500 nit profile as a target

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

It is saying WP is not “white”, like if it was not corrected during calibration because it was set to native or something like that.
    It was recorded as is during profiling stage (profile vs measured WP is a match) so it is not related to measurement instrument.

Finder / Apps / Utils / ColorSync /Devices it should be linked there.

matck06
    Participant

@vincent

it seems that apple has locked the screen calibration it seems to confirm

it says that ccprofiler is working but we cannot apply the icc profile

Anonymous
    Inactive

@vincent

it seems that apple has locked the screen calibration it seems to confirm

it says that ccprofiler is working but we cannot apply the icc profile

<iframe width=”474″ height=”267″ title=”Ultimate 16" MacBook Pro with M1 Pro Review, Display Calibration, Real World Photo & Video App Test!” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/yrHH1Ge7wZo?start=740&feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

Works like a charm for me

matck06
    Participant

you can explain to me how to do that would be nice

it could help other user

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by matck06.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS