LG C8 Lut

Home Forums General Discussion LG C8 Lut

This topic contains 34 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  residentjack (@residentjack) 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

tonybcc (@tonybcc)
    Participant

Hi Guys,

but license is free so it is easy do get it.

I use rasppbery pi as pattern generator and i had to stop trying to get LUT unles Florian will add it to the program . Meanwhile i bought Calman and will test it. Once PI will be added then i can donate and come back to LUT.

My expierience with DisplayCal was good just not sure how to calibrate my C8 since i cant change anything in TV or like in HCFR change settings in program. Maybe I dont understand how to calibrate it  using DisplayCal. As for LUT it is easy but cant get good results before i ger automated generator thats why i asked for PI support.

Regards,

stama (@stama)
    Participant

@tonybcc, do you mean you can get access to the LG OLED template for DeviceControl with a LightSpace ZRO license (the version that does not cost money)?

tonybcc (@tonybcc)
    Participant

No i meant i can get acces to tv using DeviceControl and DispalyCAL.  LightSpace ZRO is free and doesnt have 3dlut .

residentjack (@residentjack)
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been struggling to understand the process of calibrating a C8 for use with Davinci Resolve. Could someone please let me know if these would be the correct steps to take:

1. Connect Davinci Resolve to DisplayCal.
    2. Run the typical 3D Lut creation process with settings tweaked for an OLED display.
    3. Save the 3D Lut created by DisplayCal.
    4. Upload the 3D Lut to the LG TV via DeviceControl.

Is all of this correct? Thank you so much in advance for your help!

residentjack (@residentjack)
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been struggling to understand the process of calibrating a C8 for use with Davinci Resolve. Could someone please let me know if these would be the correct steps to take:

1. Connect Davinci Resolve to DisplayCal.
    2. Run the typical 3D Lut creation process with settings tweaked for an OLED display.
    3. Save the 3D Lut created by DisplayCal.
    4. Upload the 3D Lut to the LG TV via DeviceControl.

Is all of this correct? Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Ok, Never mind… I realize that I would need a paid license of LightSpace in order to get the 3D lut uploaded into the TV.

So I guess the only way to go is the traditional Davinci Resolve 3DLut Monitor route right?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS