Help creating Madvr 3dlut with i1DISPLAY PRO PLUS for Sony VPL-VW870ES

Home Forums Help and Support Help creating Madvr 3dlut with i1DISPLAY PRO PLUS for Sony VPL-VW870ES

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Guido Furgiuele
    Participant

Thanks, but I didn’t cover anything. The luminance is very low and I don’t understand why. Moreover I can’t understand why the projector doesn’t work on 0-255 colour space and I’ve to set madvr to 16-235.  Maybe the probe is broken.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

check the HDMI mode, set it to  0-255, it might be called something else like enhanced or something.

It should not be 16-235 if you’re running from a PC,

You need to do it on both your pc and projector. What graphics card are you using.

Vincent
    Participant

Your images show the opposite

Guido Furgiuele
    Participant

My gpu is Nvidia RTX2060.

Yesterday I did a new calibration after profiling and I had to set Madvr display on tv level (16-235) despite the hdmi input of the projector is set on full (0-255) and Nvidia  is set on 0-255. The luminance was 24 nits and the colour space is in the attached picture.

Tomorrow I will try with another i1Display pro of a friend of mine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Guido Furgiuele
    Participant

I solved. The issue about 0-16 luminance level depended from brightness setting of the projector. I set it on 55 for a good contrast, but Displaycal needs 57 minimum to receive the right excursion in 0-16 luminance.

I found the best gamma correction (2.4) and colours space (n. 2) and I got 30 nits of peak luminance. Then I calibrated white point, grey scale and colour space a first time with Sony Calibration pro advanced tools and HCFR. After I finished that settings and I set gamma corrections with HCFR and madTPG patterns (a very long work!).

At the end I did a calibration after profiling with Displaycal, setting BT.2020 Gamma 2.2, and another (without profiling) setting Rec.709 Gamma 2.2 as source colour space.

I got a good results, the best in last months. I attached pictures.

If someone can give me a feedback I would really appreciate it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS