DispayCal 3D Lut table for Davinci Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support DispayCal 3D Lut table for Davinci Resolve

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

CCT is not a valid measure of white point. A LUT3D can correct white if you choose it (abs).

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

Is the results not good because on measurement report the white point is good on 6504 but another validation report is different. Did I do some corrections in your opinion. From Eizo saw the results and tell me that my monitor didn’t covered the DCI-P3 colorspace and the results maybe not satisfied, but the results from DisplayCal is good. I am a little bit confused.

Vincent
    Participant

Just means that profile whitepoint is display description. A LUT3D can transform that display behavior to any other colorspace (actually it works the other way) with whatever whiepoint you want as long as simulated colorspace falls in that profile colorspace.

Gamut volume (size) =/= gamut coverage (intersection)

2D plot =/= 3D graph, that’s where that missing 1% is out of gamut, just plot it in 3D.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Vincent.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

That’s I understand is that everything ok with that colorspace and I can continue with DCI-P3 or for more secure to use rec709 2.4 gamma, that I’m sure my monitor will display correct

Vincent
    Participant

You’ll have to use ONE of these LUT3D depending on content you edit.

Content colorspace => select which LUT3D to use

1 display ICC => several LUT3D for each content

1 display ICC (yours) + 1 ICC related to content (for example rec709 g2.4) => 1 LUT3D

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

I color grading a trailer which is for internet and the same trailer which is for teatre. But, yes I think I understand you at all. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS