DispayCal 3D Lut table for Davinci Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support DispayCal 3D Lut table for Davinci Resolve

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

how to validable in DispalayCal stay in decklink or GPU. I don't know how to validate the results from DisplayCal

Vincent
    Participant

It’s expected because maybe you are not doing what I said. I neved said to use CN’s prfile as input using abs colorimetric. I said to make a new XYZLUT profile in DisplayCAL from CN’s HW calibration, just to profile display as it comes from CN.

Also if you do not want to modify CN’s white just use relative whitepoint in LUT3D. It’s in message 2 on top of the thread.

Vincent
    Participant

how to validable in DispalayCal stay in decklink or GPU. I don't know how to validate the results from DisplayCal

Plug it to CPU as you did with CN. Then just check if CNs resulting white calibration and grey it’s OK. If all is ok then move to profile creation & making LUT3D as you se in wiki. If all is OK from CN all issues you spot will be caused by LUT3D. All of this is just to check what did you get with CN and that Spyder. It’s all explained before.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

This is a validete from DisplayCal CN7 profile that I create before

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

That is the right measuarment form DisplayCal

file:///C:/Users/OneMoreFrame/Desktop/Measurement%20Report%203.8.9.3%20—%20CS2420%20@%201920,%200,%201920×1200%20—%202020-11-16%2015-36.html

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

That’s the results

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Cyan is weird… anyway, grey & white is OK. Make a detailed XYZLUT profile from that HW calibration as instructed on wiki. When choosing LUT3D options consider relative WP to do not modify HW cal white. That’s all.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

That’s the latest check on new HW calibrated profile that’s I made. Please check it because I don’t understand this all things here.

I just want to do a correct color grading at all.  I aprecceate very much your help, because you tell me the way things needs to do.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

HW cal seems ok. Go to #26814 starting from “Make a detailed…”

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

The last thing I don’t understand is now before go to this step to switch to decklink or to stay on GPU and forward with this step. And if this is so when all done after that to go with decklink after all finished or before I do the last step. This is my last question

Vincent
    Participant

In wiki is explained for the 2 ways depending on use.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

The last result from making Resolve Rec709 3D Lut Table I think I good. Now from this XYZ 3D Lut I can also change this rec 709 to DCI-P3 that’s correct?

Thanks a lot of Vincent! You save my life bro! Thanks that you answer all my dumm questions. It’s good people to help each other! Thank you!

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, Go to LUT3D Creator executable in displaycal folder, choose SAME ICC/ICM profile in “target colorspace” (XYZLUT profile made with DislayCAL at NATIVE GAMUT), choose whatever you want in sourec colorspace: this one is what you want to emulate.

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

Thank you once again, Vincent!

I’ll.try all this tommorow. I hope the results to be satisfied like this from my last post.

Thank you!

One More Frame Studio
    Participant

That’s the result from today from DCI – P3 D65 3DLut, the strange that I see in validation report is that the white point is on 6300k. Is that ok or I need to change something in DisplayCal settings?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS