-d parameter 1 out of range (Mac M1)

Home Forums Help and Support -d parameter 1 out of range (Mac M1)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Samiamfoto
    Participant

Robb thankyou, sadly I’m still getting the exact same error: Diagnostic: -d parameter 1 out of range. I don’t know. I could try going through the exec files one by one again to see if that works. I know I hit every single one, taking my time, but IDK maybe it’s something else.

update: I ran everything again with the system pref privacy open. all of the exec files (in the Agryll bin) stated process was completed except ‘plotwin’

I keep getting this in the terminal:

Last login: Tue Oct 18 07:45:06 on ttys000

/Applications/Argyll_V2.3.1/bin/specplot ; exit;

samanthaisom@Samanthas-MBP ~ % /Applications/Argyll_V2.3.1/bin/specplot ; exit;

Type = A [Black]

Abs. Y = 73.694297

XYZ = 1.098494 1.000000 0.355908, x,y = 0.447561 0.407431

D50 L*a*b* = 100.000000 22.211494 48.873313

CCT = 2855.673724, VCT = 2855.726936

CDT = 2797.809040, VDT = 2812.648739

CRI = 100.0 [ R9 = 100.0 ]

TLCI = 100.0

CIEDE2000 Delta E = 0.622511

and this in another terminal window:

Last login: Tue Oct 18 07:45:23 on ttys001

/Applications/Argyll_V2.3.1/bin/spotread ; exit;

samanthaisom@Samanthas-MBP ~ % /Applications/Argyll_V2.3.1/bin/spotread ; exit;

Place instrument on spot to be measured,

and hit [A-Z] to read white and setup FWA compensation (keyed to letter)

[a-z] to read and make FWA compensated reading from keyed reference

‘r’ to set reference, ‘s’ to save spectrum,

‘f’ to report cal. refresh rate, ‘F’ to measure refresh rate

‘h’ to toggle high res., ‘k’ to do a calibration

Hit ESC or Q to exit, any other key to take a reading: f

Refresh rate hasn’t been calibrated

Instrument isn’t set to a refresh display type

Hit ESC or Q to exit, any other key to take a reading: a

Unable to apply FWA compensation because it wasn’t set up

Result is XYZ: 243.611908 260.881429 291.702333, D50 Lab: 143.688035 -7.311141 -29.377762

Hit ESC or Q to exit, any other key to take a reading:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Samiamfoto.

Vincent
    Participant

Robb thankyou, sadly I’m still getting the exact same error: Diagnostic: -d parameter 1 out of range. I don’t know. I could try going through the exec files one by one again to see if that works. I know I hit every single one, taking my time, but IDK maybe it’s something else

go to Argyll bin folder:

dispcal -h (for help)

When listing help under -d n it should list all available screens

dispcal -v -R (simple test for measuring white & primaries)

Robb Harriss
    Participant

Oh no, we’ll, that’s sad. I’m not a software engineer so I can’t delve into the inner workings. It’s too bad, always bad that the error messages are not more verbose. Me? I’d pull both argyll and displaycall off the machine and start over.
    Alternately you an try the software that came with the calibration puck to measure levels just to see how far off the monitor is at all.. In the field you’re going to be using a conversion lut anyway, like a Blackmagic gen 3 film log to 709 lut because the camera isn’t recording 709 in the first place. The old school analog tricks will help b

Robb Harriss
    Participant

Well Smallhd says this probe should work with one of your monitors.

https://guide.smallhd.com/a/1146068-how-to-calibrate-your-monitor

Samiamfoto
    Participant

@Robb, My probe (eye one display Pro) does work, but the software won’t work on the M1. I even called CalMan and they said their software won’t run on my computer either. It can work with intel or an older machine running a specific OS (10.3), but my laptop is currently running 12.3 and on different hardware (Not intel, but now M1). Calman said they don’t support mac computers but there can be a workaround with the intel machines so long as they are running 10.3. that def won’t work with what I’ve got.

Robb Harriss
    Participant

Seems like the easiest solution is to borrow a windows laptop. OS 10.3 is pretty old and even 10 year old macs have, in all likelihood, been updated past 10.3. Still you might know someone who has one. Easier to go over to someone else’s house and use their windows machine. That will solve it and get you the results you’re looking for. You could eventually install windows on your Mac, probably. Not sure where that stands with the M chips. I seem to remember that boot camp is not available. Not sure if one of the Virtual Machine works.

Robb Harriss
    Participant

I just looked and parallels does work on M1, so there’s that down the line.

Samiamfoto
    Participant

Thankyou, yes boot camp would hve been great, but alas….

GOOD to know Paralleles works on M1. I will try that thankyou!!!! I’ll report back if succcessful

Robb Harriss
    Participant

I’ll be interested to hear what happens.

Vincent
    Participant

Parallels works on M1 … if you virtualize ARM versions of OSes (AFAIK, no x64 virtualized OSes).

Samiamfoto
    Participant

I’m using parallels but Davinci won’t work in it. So I’m running Davinci on Mac is and display Al through parallels. They connected. Now I’m getting partway throught he calibration then it kicks up just sticks at one patch beeps but doesn’t move like 2 hours +. Any ideas?

Robb Harriss
    Participant

If you get parrallels to work and can run WI does you’d be tryingvto get calman and your puck to work. They’re designed for your monitor. And you’ll need the windows version of resolve to work in windows in parallels. But you’re already setup for calman on your monitor.

Samiamfoto
    Participant

Can’t get the 2indows Versiin of resolve to work in parallels. Been trying and also found on forums it’s just not possible with the M1. I also called calman and they said same thing.. it won’t work on m1 chip not matter what workaround we try it just won’t happen. So I’m currently running parallels windows 11 using display cal, then resolve is running in the Mac OS Monterey. It seems to be working. I was able to save a 3 dut ti the desktop and drop it on the small hd as cards however I I’m hitting an error now where the small hd 502 states this out doesn’t work on the monitor ????????‍♀️. States there is 1 rev cache instance with 1577 Mbytes Limit ????????‍♀️.

It also stated i have to change the monitor to linear instead of non linear which i haven’t been able to figure out . I don’t see that option on the 502. I’ll call small hd tomorrow and ask them. I’m currently trying it on the 702 Oled. Let’s see what happens.

I tried all this on an actual Windows machine and it locked up. Keith crashing so i think something might be up with my rm8s windows. He said he’s having trouble with it and the screen keep blinking out and he has to restart. Soooo i went back to parallels on my Mac. Stay tuned

Robb Harriss
    Participant

Yeah it’s really a calman smallhd issue.  I’m pretty sure your puck is less than ideal. I’m not sure that model will work with the brightness that OLED will do.

Samiamfoto
    Participant

We actually, I called Calman, and they said it’s an M1 issue and my puck would work fine (do the trick).  they said they have ZERO support for mand, and for a while had a workaround which sadly does not work on the M1. Sooo same goes for DisplayCal. Therefore I did get on a real windows machine and still had erros, though I think it wsa due to his machine having an issue with locking up the monitor (he’s sending it back to Dell over this recurring issue prior to my tryng it out today).

I got it to work on Parallels, except for the issue at saving the LUT and then the issue with the small hd not being able to use the lut. I have a 502 (NON-oled just regular LCD) and a 702 OLED. the exact same error came up on both calibration runs. though when I saved the LUT and dropped it (.cube) on the small hd card, the 502 could read it just it stated out of range or something of the sort. When I created the lut for the OLED 702 I couldn’t even see the .cube. I even went into resolve to re-save it but still the same issue .it’s just not seeing it. I will call Small Hd tomorrow on that one.

in regards (once again to Calman their support team straight up told me there is not way to get it working on an M1 and it would have to use their software only on a dedicated windows machine.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS