CG2420 calibration, some help?

Home Forums Help and Support CG2420 calibration, some help?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Michele
    Participant

Just verify it, the one from CN but verified with DisplayCAL

Ok, I have set CG2420 from System Preferences on the .icc baked from CN7. Then, on Verification page Settings is on <current>.  No BM Mini card involved in the whole process, only MiniDP.

Attached you can see the report, I sincerely hope to have followed the right procedure. It does not look so well.

Thank you again for your time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Michele
    Participant

If needed, here you have the CN7’s .icc made through DP (No BM Mini involved).

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Grey is OK but white is off limits, visually it is too warm.
    It was expected that CN sees 6500K daylight and displaycal sees 6500-6900K daylight… not that. Check what you may have do wrong… like OS “night mode” or some weird stuff like that. Disable that night mode or whatever name your OS has for it.

Michele
    Participant

like OS “night mode”

shame on me!

Here you have the updated report.

Attachments:

Michele
    Participant

I have done again the whole procedure from CN7’s .icc to DisplayCal Verification. The result is a little bit improved (see attachment).

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Whitepoint mismach is expected because CN is a black box whose corrections for i1d3 (whatever they are) are unknown. Grey is superb as expected for a CG
    So monitor is OK.

Now do Resolve LUT3D

Once display is profiled you can compute a Rec709 LUT3D to 2.2 gamma, or 2.4 without profiling it again. Just open LUT3D maker as an standalone application , choose the profile DisplayCAL is going to create and set the colorspace you want in source.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Michele
    Participant

Now do Resolve LUT3D

Ok, so now I disconnect the display from DP and connect it through BM Mini, and profile it with DPCal+Resolve using the Eizo’s in-display mode we used before for checking greys (right?).

I proceed with Resolve LUT3D profiling skipping interactive RGB balance leaving untouched the Eizo in-display mode we checked before (see attachment).

Grey is superb as expected for a CG

This is motivating! Will keep you updated, thank you again. Night mode disabled 🙂

Attachments:

Michele
    Participant

After Calibrating & profile, without exporting any 3DLUT, I have executed a Measurement Report (attached).

Grey looks ok, max/avg ΔE*00 seems ok. Which is nice.

Whitepoint is off – could it be related to the impossibility to make an interactive RGB adjustment while CAL Mode is selected on monitor?

Attachments:

Michele
    Participant

Hi Vincent,

These days I have read with more attention the manual and few different threads. Initially I got lost on the whole mechanism of the Verification tab, this is one of the reasons why I kept asking silly questions. I swear, your time won’t be wasted: I sincerely appreciate the effort you spent patiently explaining things. Maybe I am not the brightest of the block, and I must learn to be more patient with this kind of puzzling processes, but the motivation is real.

One thing I am still confused about is this: does the CN7 pre-calibration is only intended to test/verify the grey balance performance of the display? Or is it a part of the calibration itself and I should keep all those on-monitor CAL settings enabled? If so, I wouldn’t be able to set RGB balance in interactive mode, so I suppose that the whole process should be done in Custom mode:

• Connect CG2420 through BM MiniMonitor, set to Custom (6500K)
    • Calibrate and Profile with DaVinci preset + Z24x ccss + balancing RGB in interactive mode
    • Verification of the resulting profile (.icc in Settings and nothing else)

You can find the report attached (Maximum ΔE*00 2.52 looks suspicious, RGB grey balance is a nice 0.15 but graph looks a little scattered on lower values).

Now that I have validated my .icc, I can confidently create a 3DL with DispCal or 3D LUT Maker. I will follow this precious thread to do those last verification.

Am I missing something that shouldn’t be missed?

Thank you!
    – Michele

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

CN calibration is useful because with that calibration + CN’s ICC profile you can use color managed apps like PS/Firefox/etc… and at the same time is a godo starting point for whatever LUT3D you need. resolve, madvR..)

Can you skip CN, go to OSD and set manually RGB gains in Custom mode expecting that out of the box grey for a CG/CS is OK and just use DisplayCAL to profile & calculate Resolve LUT3D?
    Yes, you loose versatility of HW cal for other tasks like PS/LR/C1 but if you just want Resolve it’s fine.

What you verified is if profile matches display in custom color mode. It’s easier to match (even with a simple matrix profile) if display is well behaved (like after CN). IDNK why Custom color has that gamma in your setup.

Also:

The (hopefully) definitive guide to calibrating the EIZO CG2420

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS