Calibrating and profiling a TN panel, 72% NTSC

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating and profiling a TN panel, 72% NTSC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Florian Höch (@fhoech) 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

asafiko (@asafiko)
    Participant

hello florian.is there a point on calibrating and profiling a TN panel 8 bit (6 bit+dithering),72% NTSC covrege.

if there is,can i calibrate and profile my monitor and make a 3D LUT out of the profile but with diffrent settings\target.i want the .icc profile to be sRGB\6500k\2.2 gamma and  the LUT generated from the same profile to be rec.709\tone curve: rec.1886 gamma 2.4 absolute.(do i need to check apply calibration (vcgt)?

i want to use the LUT for resolve 3D color viewer lookup table.

thank you.appreciate your work.

Florian Höch (@fhoech)
    Administrator

Hi,

hello florian.is there a point on calibrating and profiling a TN panel 8 bit (6 bit+dithering),72% NTSC covrege.

TN panels usually have pretty bad gray balance out of the box, so calibration definitely has a benefit.

can i calibrate and profile my monitor and make a 3D LUT out of the profile but with diffrent settings\target

Yes.

do i need to check apply calibration (vcgt)? […] i want to use the LUT for resolve 3D color viewer

In your specific case, uncheck “apply calibration (vcgt)” as you are going to install the profile and use the 3D LUT on the same monitor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS