Asus Proart PA27AC

Home Forums Help and Support Asus Proart PA27AC

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks to this thread. I will return my SpyderX which is giving me strong green tint on a Acer CP5 CP5271U that I just returned because i thought something was wrong with it. I am having problem with the SpyderX calibrating my other monitor with the same green tint.

Looks like a WLED PFS in AdobeRGB flavor. Did you selected “PFS phosphor” os something like that name as measurement mode in Datacolor or DisplayCAL?

I have just found DisplayCal, but I’m having problems with my laptop detecting it, sometimes I can calibrate, then next time,  I get Error – new_display() failed with “Instrument access failed” message. this happens even after I uninstall and reinstall ArgyllCMS drivers.

Device manager, check if ArgyllCMS driver is listed instead of Datacolor.

I am going to buy the Xrite stuff, but then I can’t find it in stock…

Now selling as Calibrite. Some widegamut Acers have HW calibration, check if yours have support for that software. If it has HW calibration support you’ll need an i1Displaypro (or Calibrite equivalent, the “display Pro” version), not the cheaper “Display Studio” version.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

J.P.
    Participant

I can’t test the Acer with the Spyder anymore because I returned them already.

I ordered a Dell U2723QE and Calibrite Display Pro PLUS.

I am now temporarily using my old Spyder2Express + DisplayCAL to calibrate my current Dell U2412M, and my two laptops… they look great and normal now.

The problem I was encountering with the “detection” problem I found out when I chose the wrong LED type… DisplayCAL is smart enough to detect the proper type.

Now I am watching videos on the Calibrite and it looks like I don’t need DisplayCAL software. Is there any difference in “accuracy” between the Calibrite vs DisplayCAL software?

Maybe I should start my own thread… thanks

================

edit:

New thread here: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/calibrite-vs-displaycal-software/

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by J.P..
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS