Asus Proart PA27AC

Home Forums Help and Support Asus Proart PA27AC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone knows what particular led has this model? I search it but can’t find anything. wled or white led? Thanks in advance. I try to calibrate with displaycal but colors are off. I try datacolor software but is a junk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

also a weird error even if the displaycal finds the monitor

Vincent
    Participant

Anyone knows what particular led has this model? I search it but can’t find anything. wled or white led? Thanks in advance. I try to calibrate with displaycal but colors are off. I try datacolor software but is a junk.

Looks like common White LED monitor (sRGB Only), hence do not use as correction W-LED PFS corrections.

Looks like colorimeter is not found. If you use one of those useless paperweights called Spyder, try to get an Xrite i1d3. If you can’t, you need an USB driver to use Spyder colorimeters or xrite spectrophotometers (i1d3 do not need this). So just install USB driver. AFAIK lastest ArgyllCMS have no signed driver, last one was 2.1.2.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i1d3

as i reply to you to a previous post i’m waiting for the article which proves datacolor spyderx is a paperweight device.

SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like common White LED monitor (sRGB Only), hence do not use as correction W-LED PFS corrections.

Looks like colorimeter is not found. If you use one of those useless paperweights called Spyder, try to get an Xrite i1d3. If you can’t, you need an USB driver to use Spyder colorimeters or xrite spectrophotometers (i1d3 do not need this). So just install USB driver. AFAIK lastest ArgyllCMS have no signed driver, last one was 2.1.2.

as i reply to you to a previous post i’m waiting for the article which proves datacolor spyderx is a paperweight device. Also cause i see you want to help me, can you lend me some money to buy the x-rite? Cause the paperweight you mention i buy it 100 euros.

Vincent
    Participant

Also cause i see you want to help me, can you lend me some money to buy the x-rite? Cause the paperweight you mention i buy it 100 euros.

No, you should asked in forums before buying. Or try to return for refund.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also cause i see you want to help me, can you lend me some money to buy the x-rite? Cause the paperweight you mention i buy it 100 euros.

still waiting for an article which proves spyderx is a paperweight junk.

Vincent
    Participant

Explained in the other thread. No time for your childish games.

SpyderX do not support current backlight variants and won’t support newer backlights by itself becaus it lacks of firmware spectral sensivity curves than can be dumped so software can use them and a sample display SPD to compute a colorimeter correction for each device that can be distributed.
    Math itself is in ArgyllCMS code or in i1d3 patent regading this EDR stuff by Xrite, so educate yourself in this subject. ArgyllCMS code is free.

Anonymous
    Inactive

SpyderX do not support current backlight variants and won’t support newer backlights by itself becaus it lacks of firmware spectral sensivity curves than can be dumped so software can use them and a sample display SPD to compute a colorimeter correction for each device that can be distributed.
    Math itself is in ArgyllCMS code or in i1d3 patent regading this EDR stuff by Xrite, so educate yourself in this subject. ArgyllCMS code is free.

You explain bs. Who the f@k are you to judge a big company and their products? You are nobody. You are the child here and you start the flame.

Vincent
    Participant

You explain bs. Who the f@k are you to judge a big company and their products? You are nobody. You are the child here and you start the flame.

No, you are a child that made a wrong purchase and started a rage flame once I’ve explained your mistake.

It is as simple as this. Your device has a set of limited modes, built in, no way to modify them by user. Also those modes cannot cover the variants of each LED backlight type used in current monitors.
    You can see it by yourself, DisplayCAL has a collection of display Spectral Power Dustributions (SPD) of several W-LED with PFS/KFS phosphor:
    https://displaycal.net/i1d3
    Even if by chance SpyderX has built in matrix correction that fits one of them, all other three will have a measurement error.

i1d3s have not this issue. If you were an i1d3 owner just needs that somebody share a SPD sample of a new display/backlight type… and community is very happy to share (CCSS type):
    colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/
    Even we can manage to translate those SPD in text format to Xrite EDR binary format, so even if Xrite do not want, we’ll have future proof support.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Vincent.

MW
    Participant

What does my local barista know about? He hasn’t sold as much coffee as Nescafé…NOT!

Anonymous
    Inactive

What does my local barista know about? He hasn’t sold as much coffee as Nescafé…NOT!

stop breaking my balls wannabe colorist. u are nobody with opinion.

MW
    Participant

Don’t use the word colorist to describe yourself. You failed to understand more basic concepts so far. Don’t go near it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t use the word colorist to describe yourself. You failed to understand more basic concepts so far. Don’t go near it.

ok wannabe fan of displaycal, stfu your fking mouth now and gtfo.

J.P.
    Participant

Thanks to this thread. I will return my SpyderX which is giving me strong green tint on a Acer CP5 CP5271U that I just returned because i thought something was wrong with it. I am having problem with the SpyderX calibrating my other monitor with the same green tint.

I have just found DisplayCal, but I’m having problems with my laptop detecting it, sometimes I can calibrate, then next time,  I get Error – new_display() failed with “Instrument access failed” message. this happens even after I uninstall and reinstall ArgyllCMS drivers.

I am going to buy the Xrite stuff, but then I can’t find it in stock…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS