2x LG31MU97 & Davinci Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support 2x LG31MU97 & Davinci Resolve

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

The strange thing is that when I doing Interactive display adjustment and I set up all colors white does not look white. Is that normal?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What do you mean by cheecking monitor setup. What should I do? I changed to factory level and it has exact same settings than the GUI monitor. What else can I do.

Check RGB gains or saturation control and reduce green until it no longer clips.

I think the problem with driving a consumer display like the LG31MU97 through a decklink card may be that the decklink is probably outputting YCbCr and the LG simply doesn’t work well with it.

The strange thing is that when I doing Interactive display adjustment and I set up all colors white does not look white. Is that normal?

This is covered in the FAQ.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Hey Florian, I did what you suggested, and I think it looks much better now. I did all color tweaks between the  many veryfications and here is the result. Can you check it if it’s fine?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That looks better yes.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Do you think that it’s good enough to realy on it for grading?

Thank you so much for all your help! I learned a lot last week about calibration and profiling. Appreciate! Your software is amazing and I’m going to make donation for sure!

Greg

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach the new profile as well please.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Sorry Florian for late reply but I was offline  last few days. As I can’t get my Decklink monitor to work without the problems I decided to don’t use it for now. I connected it as second tools monitor and I’m trying to calibrate it  (connected witd displayport). In settings box I have chosen the  Video (D65, Rec.1886). Im attaching validation results, and archived profiles for my GUI ( which is my main grading monitor now) and tool monitor. Everything looks fine in results, but the problem is that when all is good in Davinci viewer than colors are totally different on my second monitor (on the primary is the same) and even thumbnails in Davinci looks to green and oversaturated. What I’m doing wrong? How can I calibrate my second display?

Attachments:

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Here is my Davinci viewer and second monitor comparison.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Everything looks fine in results, but the problem is that when all is good in Davinci viewer than colors are totally different on my second monitor

Resolve can only color manage one monitor as far as I can tell (there is no 3D LUT slot for a 2nd monitor that is part of the desktop, only for a dedicated video monitor), so the other one will always look different.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

But can’t I just calibrate my second display to desired color space on the system level. How can I calibrate it when i’m using different software than Davinci or just don’t have davinci installed?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But can’t I just calibrate my second display to desired color space on the system level.

No, Windows doesn’t do color management. It just provides facilities to manage profile associations to devices, and for applications to query and use profiles. But each individual application still has to support color management specifically, and most applications simply don’t.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Ok. Im trying to understand. So how about the monitors that calibrates with added software and load the profile on the system level. How does this work, as when profile is once loaded you can turn of the software and the profile stays untouched?  What can I do about previewing graded videos? Are there any video players that supports proper color management to preview it?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So how about the monitors that calibrates with added software and load the profile on the system level.

Monitors with internal 3D LUTs. The system is not involved at all usually (just to upload the 3D LUT to the monitor once). Same with external 3D LUT boxes.

Are there any video players that supports proper color management to preview it?

MPC-HC has 3D LUT support via madVR.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

So I understand that software delivered with my LG is worth nothing right?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So I understand that software delivered with my LG is worth nothing right?

I wouldn’t be able to tell because I don’t know what it can do. The LG31MU97 internal LUT is 1D anyway, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS