2x LG31MU97 & Davinci Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support 2x LG31MU97 & Davinci Resolve

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

I don’t get it eather. When profiling on auto colors are washed. Curently it’s 16-235 and looks darker, more contrasty and saturated. Device Link profile should be checked during verification?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I don’t get it eather. When profiling on auto colors are washed. Curently it’s 16-225 and looks darker, more contrasty and saturated.

Have you set the correct 3D LUT in the “Video monitor 3D look up table” slot in Resolve?

Device Link profile should be checked during verification?

Yes. Check the name, the part before the first extension it should match your profile basename.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

All seems to be fine. Tell me please how do I verify Gui monitor, outside davinci right? Just on the OS level? Check attached file (las measure). the LUT is fine for sure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Tell me please how do I verify Gui monitor, outside davinci right? Just on the OS level?

The last GUI verification you attached looked fine.

Check attached file (las measure). the LUT is fine for sure.

It certainly does not look that way from the report. Contrast is severely reduced (half that of the GUI monitor!) due to the black level raise. Delta E is also higher than I would expect.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

I’m confused about colors on the OS level. All looks different than in Davinci

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m confused about colors on the OS level. All looks different than in Davinci

That’s to be expected, the OS itself and most applications are not color managed at all.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

I will do one more profiling wiyh Auto data level and than will post results. Maybe it’s sobe decklink settings?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Maybe it’s sobe decklink settings?

Maybe. Unfortunately I do not own a decklink card, so I have no way of knowing.

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Hey Florian. Here is my last decklink calibration veryfication. I wonder how contrast on the monitor adjustment level affects the profiling. When I make factory reset with my display it’s set to 70 % which seeams to be a lot. Should I lower it. Also how about monitor Gama settings. Default is 2.2. I was switching it to 2.4, but not sure now if it was good idea?

Thanks

Attachments:

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

This is my GUI report. Looks much closer now, but deckling looks less contrasty now. How can I judge which monitor is balanced better, Maybe I should choose GUI for my main decklink display. Can you tell which values are most important and how do they understand read them? I don’t want to bother you to much as you helped me so much (meybe there is some link with explenation)?

Thanks

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The GUI monitor seemed fine, the decklink one is problematic. Please attach the recent profiles for both GUI and decklink monitor (use “Create compressed archive…” in DisplayCAL).

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Here it is.

Attachments:

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Another strange thing. This is how I see colors in every web browser,  on every monitor (only in the browser).

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Here it is.

The monitor attached to the decklink clips in the green channel, check the monitor setup. You probably also need to increase the minimum display response delay (try 1000 ms).

Another strange thing. This is how I see colors in every web browser, on every monitor (only in the browser).

If you’re using Firefox, see the FAQ how to set up its color management.

Otherwise, see https://displaycal.net/#issue-redgreenswapped

Grzegorz Najder
    Participant

Thanks Florian! Browser issue solved.

What do you mean by cheecking monitor setup. What should I do? I changed to factory level and it has exact same settings than the GUI monitor. What else can I do?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS