Xrite i1 display pro, colormunki, or wacom color manager?

Home Forums Help and Support Xrite i1 display pro, colormunki, or wacom color manager?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Eli38
    Participant

Vincent, thank you for being patient with me. 🙂 I learned a lot and you are right, what I really need is an sRGB monitor. NEC EA275UHD looks like the one!

How would you compare EA275UHD to NEC EA271Q and BENQ BenQ PD3200U. NEC’s EA275UHD seems to be the real deal.
    Aslo, do I need to get their colorimeter or i1 Display Pro is fine? I don’t mind getting it as long as it is better for NEC monitors.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Aslo, do I need to get their colorimeter or i1 Display Pro is fine? I don’t mind getting it as long as it is better for NEC monitors.

NEC MDSV SENSOR3 is an i1DisplayPro. Same hardware, just different unclock code.
    Since it’s an OEM product it may me less epxpensive in some stores than i1d3 retail.

NEC SV2 software works with i1d3 retail or NEC version, same for ArgyllCMS/DisplayCAL. It is possible that NEC sensor does not work with i1Profiler… bust since you can have HW calibration (SV2) and GPU calibration or just profilling/verification (DisplayCAL)… who cares

Eli38
    Participant

Vincent, I just got a response from BenQ Tech support and was told that SW271 uses LED back light which is White LED. The same says under its specs on the website. Is it just a vague statement or it could use LED, what do you think?

Vincent
    Participant

Vincent, I just got a response from BenQ Tech support and was told that SW271 uses LED back light which is White LED. The same says under its specs on the website. Is it just a vague statement or it could use LED, what do you think?

Which “white led”? I’ve explained you several times over several threads that “White LED” can mean:

-sRGB WLED (WLEDFamily_07Feb11) which is NOT even close to you monitor backlight (plot them with ArgyllCMS’ specplot app)

-W-LED (PFS phosphor technology), a new backlight technology with a big gamut coverage for AdobeRGB, eciRGV2, P3… like this one:

First one is NOT suitable for your display. It is meant for sRGB LED office monitors, or good sRGB laptops or even sRGB enty level monitors for photography, good ones for their price.
    If you do not trust me or you want to hear a 2nd opinion… it’s easy. Go to wikipedia, get XYZ formulation for CIE XYZ, three integrals. You have spectral data in CCSS files. Do the sumation in an spreadsheet multipliying by standard observer. Get XYZ for R, G and B. They are sRGB-like. This is not even close to your display.

Last one (2nd image) IS NOT bundled (*) in Benq software. You do NOT have it to use in Palette Master Elements, you can’t use it while running PME.
    So as explained may times in many threads if you trust your widegamut monitor to be a W-LED PFS phsophor (as Benq said to you) use the one from HP.

(*) it wasn’t a few days ago, IDNK if by chance there is an update at this day, hour and minute. I won’t check it every day.

Eli38
    Participant

Vincent, I absolutely trust you and admire your knowledge which is a reason why I ask so many questions – to lear more about it. BenQ said its LED and XRite says I need to use White Gamut. I asumed they either don’t know much or not telling the truth. Since even Nec specify exactly what type of backlight their panels use on their website whereas BenQ are hiding this information. Now I learned why becasue their sofwtare can’t support their monitor. After I asked for a mosre specific information about a backlight type, here is what BenQ’s response was, “I don’t have the info and if I did, we are unable to disclose it.”

Today I need to decide which monitor I should go with. I like the NEC ea275uhd that you recommended but It is 3 years old now and might be discontinued soon.  I also like NEC pa271q but it is not 4k and I will propably never use that wide gamut. There is no 4k monitor from Nec and Eizo for under $2k. There is some Eizo ev3237fx but I don’t think it was made for ohoti editing. There is alsoev2785 but they still might be better than sw271. Do you mind me asking what type if monitor do uou use?

Funny thing, I went to the store and a sales man who never heard of Eizo or Nec tried to tell me that LG 32UD99-W is the best photo editing monitor since it has 1000nits and other stuff.

Vincent
    Participant

A statement won’t be more true or false if you/I wrote it typing in front of a cheap U2415 calibrated with a Munki Display than if if was writen in front of a Spectraview PA322UHD calibrated witha Klein correlated to a JETI spectroradiometer.
    I may not need a widegamut so I did not by one… buy you may need it. I may need a high end widegamut with critical uniformity but you may not need it.

There are 3 possible types known & current of LED widegamut backlight available as CCSS. White led and wide gamut at the same time points to HP whose spectral power distribution (SPD) I showed before. There are other sources of SPD plots of this technology like General Electric technical papers on PFS phosphor so you can actually check that 2nd image plot is true. Just google it. So if you are going to keep SW271 and Benq said those things to you, use HP’s.

Regarding your other questions if you do not need a widegamut, just need sRGB, don’t buy a widegamut. You are paying 2x or 3x the price.
    IDNK what you need. IDN believe that I can take such decissions for you. Do your research and choose the best for you. In your own words now you know more things you should inspect regarding your selected candidates.

Eli38
    Participant

I understand, that’s a wise advise, thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS