XPS 9560 FHD Help

Home Forums Help and Support XPS 9560 FHD Help

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Right. Test mode was wrong. See attachement.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sergio Baptista
    Participant

Guys sorry my mistake. Yesterday i was tired.

See atatched report with no simulation profile.

Calibration as below:

•  LCD Hires
    • Black point drift compensation
    • calibration xy whitepoint , CIE 1931 2º
    • gamma 2.2
    • back point correction auto and level 5
    • speed low
    • profilling xyz lut + matrix set to relative colometre and black point compensation
    • profile qualitu high
    • no simulation profile

NOTE: with the black point correction set to auto and level 5, lost around 10% sRGB colorspace (99% to 90%)

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant
    • Black point drift compensation
    • back point correction auto and level 5

Why  do you use that? Use no correction. Loosing contrast for nothing, you end with <200:1.
    Start with defaults, slow or medium speed, your desired whitepoint, 2.2g, single curve matrix+bpc. That’s all. Or if matrix profile is not good enough you can make a XYZLUT from the same grey calibration (or skip maiking a single curve matrix)

Sergio Baptista
    Participant

I ran again the cal from scratch without bk point drift and correction and results are attached  (file named “from scratch xxxx).

The other file is the report from yesterday.

Dont understand why the correlated color temp issues.

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Maybe there is a running app with custom white running on GPU. Look at  profile calibration curves, see what happens on 255 input.Or attach profile.

Sergio Baptista
    Participant

Hope i attached the correct ones 🙂

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Look at the upper right part. 255 in => 255 out. White is not corrected. It is native white ~6800K CCT and 2dE from whiteness to green or pink side.

It’s like if you selected as measured/native white for calibration target. If you are fine with that, it’s ok.

Sergio Baptista
    Participant

Yes I got what you’re saying.

What’s the best way to adjust this?

This cal was un with whitepoint set to xy coordinates (0.3127 x 0.3290) and whitelevel as measured. Shall i run it again and adjust something here? What do you suggest?

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Your profile should be usable for color-managed applications, but Paint/Photos/Worktable will show colorized grey scale and white point (WP) is not achieved.  Your calibration curves are bended upward (going above diagonal line), this usually produces wrong WP in DisplayCAL (still not be perfect, but a great program). You need to set lower white level than it realy is to gain correct WP,  try 115cdm setting instead of “measured” 127cdm (or set 127cdm and tune up brightness to ~136cdm). Make 2-3 iterrations to find best level (with highest contrast). 0.3127 x 0.3290 are very close to 6500K coordinates – no need to set it as xy.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

…~140cdm display brightness for 127cdm setting in calibration tab. – I’ve made little mistake. But, also check videocard LUT with the tool attached (does magenta screen appear when trigerring?). RGB=255 look too strange, curves tips usually move somethere.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS