X7900/ RS540 DCI P3 Settings

Home Forums Help and Support X7900/ RS540 DCI P3 Settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

AlexS
    Participant

Hello, I would like to calibrate my X7900/RS540 to DCI P3.
    Currently I am using these settings:

On the JVC:
    Picture Mode: “USER 1”
    Color Profile: “Off
    Color Temperature: “High Bright
    Gamma: “User 1” 2.2 for madVR

In DisplayCal:
    See attached pictures.
    I had never paid attention to the last column “Verification” before, it just said to check. I set it up the way I would do it.

The JVC runs warm for a minimum of 30 minutes. An X-Rite i1Display Pro is used for measurement, REV. B
    When I run multiple passes (short version 778 patterns), I get different DCI P3 results. Sometimes mt 82% of the color space is reached, sometimes 84, 88,9…

Why is that?Can I “force” DisplayCal to get the maximum out?
    The highest was 88.9%…so that it reaches that every time…? and just comes close to that value on every measurement run?
    I would like to start once the very large run (>11k patterns), but when then 82% DCI P3 comes out, I am annoyed, because it was already reached 88.9.

What do I have to change in the settings?

Thanks, Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MW
    Participant

Sounds more like a projector issue than a profiling issue. Confirm that the gamut is as stable as it should be and any needed servicing has been carried out before moving on to profiling.

You can track your gamut quickly with your verification settings, except Testchart: Testchart for colorimeter correction. Look at ΔC’00/w in the generated report, a higher number means higher coverage.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by MW.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by MW.

AlexS
    Participant

hello, no idea how you come up with that. The device is almost new.
    The question was also whether the settings are correct so far.

What kind of maintenance can I do on a projector…besides keeping it dust free and cleaning the air filter? How do I create a stable gamut?

Thanks for the answer.

MW
    Participant

Let’s keep it simple, your goal is creating a profile and you are complaining about a changing gamut ruining your profile. Fixing the issue with the projector
    is your only option in that case. Blaming the software can’t help you, it’s simply reporting the colors output by the projector, that’s the purpose of it. That’s why users rely on it for profiling, it should not and does not care how new your projector is.

BTW if you tried different test charts some variation in gamut coverage is expected. That’s why I suggest using the four patch chart under verification to confirm gamut stability.

Why is that?Can I “force” DisplayCal to get the maximum out?

It can’t and you would not want it to. It should be clear why that’s a wrong question to ask.

AlexS
    Participant

Thanks, I will take into account 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS