DisplayCAL is dead, time to move on, what alternative you choosed?

Home Forums General Discussion DisplayCAL is dead, time to move on, what alternative you choosed?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author

jybexojy
    Participant

When I did manage to finally get it to install and run it said DisplayCAL 0 when launching, not 3.9.12 as I had expected, so I know I did something wrong in the process, just not what. It then prompted me to update to 3.8.9.3 and crashed when I tried to update it.

This was on Windows, so I think I’ll try to build it on Linux tomorrow, at least with Debian I can follow the instructions on the Github.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by jybexojy.

jybexojy
    Participant

Hi, when i try on Win, it builds and no error i see. But when i start launch it tells me “”displaycal” is not internal or external command, executable program, or batch file.”

Did you build from develop-branch or main-branch?

I have absolutely no issues building on Linux, mostly because all info on github, but I suffer terribly building on Windows. No matter what I do, in the dist folder the files I’ve managed to build are called “displaycal-0.0.0.tar.gz” and “DisplayCAL-0.0.0-cp311-cp311-win_amd64.whl” not 3.9.12 as it is on Windows.  I saw here https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3/pull/312 that 515orestis has managed to install it in Appdata Roaming, but no matter what I do, even though it seems to be installed, the Roaming folder doesn’t have any DisplayCAL in it.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi, when i try on Win, it builds and no error i see. But when i start launch it tells me “”displaycal” is not internal or external command, executable program, or batch file.”

Try “python displaycal” while on venv active

Scarebear
    Participant

Has anyone managed to get this working on Windows 11 or should i just try to stick to thbe SpyderXElite software from Datacolor for my coloromiter?

Kuba Trybowski
    Participant

DisplayCAL 3.8.9.3 + ArgyllCMS 3.2 (64-bit) works just fine in Win11 Pro 23H2.

jybexojy
    Participant

That’s good and all, but the new DisplayCAL we’re all trying to build has been updated to Python3, fixed loads of bugs, and download the newest version of ArgyllCMS at launch. With original DisplayCAL I have to download it seperately, etxract and move it to the right folder and then select that folder in DisplayCAL for it to recognize it.

Difficult to build now, but easier to install once 3.9.13 is pushed to PyPi.

lineweight
    Participant

Is there an intention that eventually this version will become offered in a format that is easy to install, for those of us who aren’t computing experts and for whom the github link is rather baffling?

DonKarlosOn
    Participant

Есть ли намерение, чтобы в конечном итоге эта версия стала предлагаться в формате, который будет легко установить для тех из нас, кто не является экспертом в области вычислений и для кого ссылка на github довольно сбивает с толку?

Same question

jybexojy
    Participant

Is there an intention that eventually this version will become offered in a format that is easy to install, for those of us who aren’t computing experts and for whom the github link is rather baffling?

Есть ли намерение, чтобы в конечном итоге эта версия стала предлагаться в формате, который будет легко установить для тех из нас, кто не является экспертом в области вычислений и для кого ссылка на github довольно сбивает с толку?

Same question

If you jump back to page 5, Erkan says this:

I think soon, we’ll supply pre-built executables/packages for MacOS and Windows as before.

But as for now the only way to install on Windows is DisplayCAL PyPi (https://pypi.org/project/DisplayCAL/) and the latest 3.9.12 doesn’t work yet on Windows, but is fixed in Github and waiting on 3.9.13 release, I think it will come earlier to PyPi than to an .exe file.

Sedat D.
    Participant

We are also waiting for an easy-to-install Windows version.

Thx

Regards from Munich

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

It is comming… hopefully soon 😉

Kyler Boudreau
    Participant

Hey Erkan. Freaking LOVE that you’ve forked DisplayCAL. What’s the status of the macOS version? I tried the Github stuff over a year ago that you had out there, but the steps were a little more in-depth than I want to put my students through (run a film school). Is it an easier install package now? Anyway we all can help you with this? The alternative is Calman and that’s outrageous in cost. I’m sure you could charge for what you’re doing. I would pay!

Ben
    Participant

I had a urge to post on reddit colorists for people looking for display cal for mac.    I did not want to show them display Cal without the binarys.    Thanks for the work Erkan.

Shankar Narayanan
    Participant

It is comming… hopefully soon 😉

It’s been 2 weeks already… 😁😁😂

Ben
    Participant

Once our tile man said 2 weeks.  He meant 14 weekends.    Each weekend is only day so be patient.    He has other jobs and the old one works fine.   For sure it needs a lot of testing with Windows 11.   I am about to get Windows 11.   Converting MBR to GPT is new one.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS