DisplayCAL is dead, time to move on, what alternative you choosed?

Home Forums General Discussion DisplayCAL is dead, time to move on, what alternative you choosed?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Vincent
    Participant

There is some issue that may need to get addressed some time: ArgyllCMS USB signed drivers.
    If you have setup DisplayCAL against an argyll version 2.1.2, displaycal download signed drivers so it’s easier to use fro i1Pro2 users for example.

IDNK what are the requirements to generate signed drivers for ArgyllCMS. It seems that Florian packed them and signed them up to ArgyllCMS 2.1.2 to DisplaYCAL can install it easily. Newer versions have no signed drivers packed by Florian AFAIK.
    INDK if Erkan can compile/generate C signed drivers for Windows.

i1Basic Pro 2 on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Sorry guys it is out of my knowledge. I’m mostly working on Linux. But installing the unsigned drivers when I tried ArgyllCMS in Windows was not a huge issue as I remember.

Oleg
    Participant

I am getting this fatal error:

Detecting output levels range…
    DisplayCAL: Inhibited org.gnome.SessionManager
    CDObjectNotFoundError(‘dbus.exceptions.DBusException: DBusException(“device id \’xrandr-eDP-1\’ does not exist”)’)
    DisplayCAL: Temporarily installing sRGB profile…
    DisplayCAL: Trying device ID ‘xrandr-eDP-1’
    About to overwrite existing /home/oleg/.local/share/icc/DisplayCAL Linear Calibration sRGB Profile.icc
    Writing /home/oleg/.local/share/icc/DisplayCAL Linear Calibration sRGB Profile.icc
    CDObjectNotFoundError(‘dbus.exceptions.DBusException: DBusException(“device id \’xrandr-eDP-1\’ does not exist”)’)
    DisplayCAL: Uninhibited org.gnome.SessionManager

Erkan Ozgur Yilmaz
    Participant

Are you using my code?

If yes, then please create an issue at https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3/issues

If no, try to use my branch of DisplayCAL: https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS