When perceptually matching a display using the visual whitepoint editor do i….

Home Forums General Discussion When perceptually matching a display using the visual whitepoint editor do i….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

When perceptually matching a display using the visual whitepoint editor do i both visually match the display, and the reported CCT close to 6500k or is CCT irrelevant because if i match using a 95% white window to a perfect perceptual match i get a CCT of 6690-6700k, while i if i reduce green, and blue a click from the perceptually matched white i get much closer to 6500k CCT, and 0.7% increased color gamut, but the 95% white patch then looks a little bit off compared to the reference display.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Adnan Cesko.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

CCT is irrelevant.

Adnan Cesko
    Participant

CCT is irrelevant.

Ok so only how it visually matches matter, what i find weird is that even the CCSS profiles for my oled C9 found on the displaycal database seems to give a wrong whitepoint.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Use the WOLED LG C6 one that comes with DisplayCAL. It is the only one that has been vetted. Others I looked at (user contributions) had various issues (e.g. gamut limited to Rec. 709).

A.ces
    Participant

Use the WOLED LG C6 one that comes with DisplayCAL. It is the only one that has been vetted. Others I looked at (user contributions) had various issues (e.g. gamut limited to Rec. 709).

Doesn’t the C8/C9 use a different panel with a different AR coating though, I heard the red pixels are larger etc on 2018/2019 models.

Also can you maybe take a look at my post here: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/is-there-something-wrong-with-the-madvr-pattern-generator/

I wanted to try out the madtpg generator but they both show different gamma curves, and now I’m confused as I don’t know which one is wrong.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by A.ces.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS