Tablet display verification

Home Forums Help and Support Tablet display verification

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Seensoul
    Participant

Hello friends, this is my first post, so first of all thank you for this forum and great software.

My problem is as follows: I bought a tablet, it’s Xiaomi Pad 6S Pro, I have a I1 Display Pro colorimeter, how can I measure color temperature, luminosity, and how can measure black point level?

I would like to verify / measure how exact is this screen of tablet – what errors and if they are, how big they are? (deltaE?)

What should I enter in options of DisplayCAL? Is there any correction needed? The screen is IPS LCD.

SHould I enter something to correct i1 Display Pro to measure this tablet properily?

Thank you in advance for replies.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Without an spectrophotometer you’ll have to guess backlight type: ~P3 native gamut can be QLED or WLED PFS.

Then you’ll have to guess if Android or whatever OS it is running has some sRGB emulation layer on internet browser.

When you have found those things, you’ll have to measure remotely with a web server, 1st tab combo box. Then you use measurement report options. For example console calibrated display report will measure whitepoint, black point (hence contrast) & basic gamma value.
    Creating a simple matrix profile with no calibration settings at all (in 2nd tab calibration tab, all as measured) will give you a hint about the behavior of that tablet ON that internet browser sandbox.
    To capture system wide behavior, not limited to internet browser sandbox with an hypothetical sRGB emulation layer, you’ll need some kind of patch generator for tablet OS… that will be harder to find.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS