What is the best BEST settings/correction for BenQ SW240 24" IPS

Home Forums General Discussion What is the best BEST settings/correction for BenQ SW240 24" IPS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Viktor
    Participant

Hi!

What is the best BEST settings/correction for BenQ SW240 24″ IPS?

https://www.benq.com/en/monitor/photographer/sw240.html

//viktor

Vincent
    Participant

DisplayCAL colorimeter correction database stores a spectral WRGB sample of a SW240 in what looks like an AdobeRGB gamut emulation from native gamut.
    That spectral power distribution (even emulating smaller gamuts in its internal lut-matrix) is like WLED PFS phosphor for graphic arts displays, slightly different in green than WLED PFS phosphor P3 screens.
    That means that you should use “HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel” (EDR, and convert to CCSS). You can find that correction in HP Z32X software as you may see in other similar threads here (install, copy/steal EDR, uninstall).

If you just want to verify Palette Master Elements (PME) results with the same rules PME used, then use RGBLED correction bundled with i1d3. It is NOT the proper correction for those screens, but is the one used wrongly by PME.
    A common i1d3 should not vary too much between those corrections <2dE, but that drift may fall across a* axis and be noticeable.

You can use DisplayCAL graphics card calibration over PME hardware calibration to fix white point, grey neutrality or gamma. For example to fix white point or onik tints in grey when you emulate sRGB in PME.
    You can even profile only the results of PME hardware calibration (since white point in ICC v2 profiles made with PME is broken).

Default single curve + matrix, 2.2 gamma and D65white point (maybe D50 too) should cover most users needs.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viktor
    Participant

Thx! i hope i can figur it out! i get my monitor tomorrow! ??

Viktor
    Participant

A did just read that Dont use HDMI with Palette Master Elements it wil get ju more errors..  only use displayport.. i dont know if this is true tho..

Viktor
    Participant

DisplayCAL colorimeter correction database stores a spectral WRGB sample of a SW240 in what looks like an AdobeRGB gamut emulation from native gamut.
    That spectral power distribution (even emulating smaller gamuts in its internal lut-matrix) is like WLED PFS phosphor for graphic arts displays, slightly different in green than WLED PFS phosphor P3 screens.
    That means that you should use “HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel” (EDR, and convert to CCSS). You can find that correction in HP Z32X software as you may see in other similar threads here (install, copy/steal EDR, uninstall).

If you just want to verify Palette Master Elements (PME) results with the same rules PME used, then use RGBLED correction bundled with i1d3. It is NOT the proper correction for those screens, but is the one used wrongly by PME.
    A common i1d3 should not vary too much between those corrections <2dE, but that drift may fall across a* axis and be noticeable.

You can use DisplayCAL graphics card calibration over PME hardware calibration to fix white point, grey neutrality or gamma. For example to fix white point or onik tints in grey when you emulate sRGB in PME.
    You can even profile only the results of PME hardware calibration (since white point in ICC v2 profiles made with PME is broken).

Default single curve + matrix, 2.2 gamma and D65white point (maybe D50 too) should cover most users needs.

Do a need to downlode this? https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=BNQ&display=BenQ%20SW240&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

Vincent
    Participant

Do a need to downlode this? https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=BNQ&display=BenQ%20SW240&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1

In bold letters. Your link is the 1st bold letter block. Spectral corrections (CCSS) should be captured with monitor in native gamut configuration.

If you find difficult to retrieve the proper spectral correction, use “RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss” or “Panasonic VVX17P051J00.ccss” but they do not store the same backlight as your monitor.

Viktor
    Participant

In bold letters. Your link is the 1st bold letter block. Spectral corrections (CCSS) should be captured with monitor in native gamut configuration.

If you find difficult to retrieve the proper spectral correction, use “RGBLEDFamily_07Feb11.ccss” or “Panasonic VVX17P051J00.ccss” but they do not store the same backlight as your monitor.

I will post my results tomorrow and se if i can figur this out,, thx! 🙂

Viktor
    Participant

hi why do this  happend in displaycal?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Possibly another software has grabbed the instrument. Some motherboard and 3rd party keyboard utilities have been identified in the past, but your situation may be different.

Viktor
    Participant

i did use Palette Master Element. do i needd to reinstall displaycal?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No, but make sure PME is not running.

Viktor
    Participant

I did get this! :S here is it all from PME https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ts51yeVfX9NwvCZv-pL9C4x7K5lih_vG?usp=sharing

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

If you look at contrast and measured colorspace vs profile colorspace (CIE a*b* plot or report errors), it looks like you are using HDMI sending limited range signal.

Solve this, then run profile verification again. Grey color is bad too, buy maybe it is caused by the other issue, check this when you verify again.

P.S. Profile white point vs measured white point is an old bug supposed to be PME’s fault: profile white retrieved by DisplayCAL is D50 (PCS white) so PME v2 profiles lack of CHAD tag (attach profile for inspection) or PME writes that information in a way DisplayCAL cannot retrieve. 1st one seems the more probable.

Viktor
    Participant

i use display port. you should not use HDMI with  PME what im being told.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Viktor.
    Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Your DisplayCAL report shows that measured values are less saturated than display profile values, also it shows 300:1 constrast so… check what you may have done wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS