What is the best BEST settings/correction for BenQ SW240 24" IPS

Home Forums General Discussion What is the best BEST settings/correction for BenQ SW240 24" IPS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Viktor
    Participant

Vincent
    Participant

Desaturated (ALL ,even blue) and & 300:1 => very likely to be related to 16-235 range instead of 0-255 range.

Check all monitor configuration, nvidia settings configuration or DisplayCAL configuration because “user” (you) is very likely to had misconfigured something.

Viktor
    Participant

I did chance the RGB Primaries to Panal native and that sems to works!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viktor
    Participant

do that looks good?

Vincent
    Participant

From measurement.7z

-Uniformity is the expected by its price range : the cheapest non-discontinued widegamut out there, but IMHO you can work with it (just a few 2dC, fair for its price)

-Grey neutrality does not look  very good from report data. Do a visual test:
    Go here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php (or another source of smooth black to white gradients)
    Save grey ramp image to you computer
    Open it in MS paint

If you see some green-magenta tint in that gradient… well, that is your i1DisplayPro measured in greys with those -0.3/+1.4 da* variation in some test and -0.4/+0.3 da* variation in the other html report.
    These HW calibration solutions (SOFTWARE, PME, not the underlying LUT HW in monitor) are unable to correct these issues if “out of the box” monitor (uncalibrated) has some tint in greys in “narrow” zones. PME and other software solutions take a few measurements for calibration… the do not see it, they cannot correct it.
    If you find those tints annoying, you can do a DisplayCAL graphics card calibration on top of your CAL1/CAL2/CAL3 made with PME: a simple curve or curves + matrix, GPU mid or slow speed calibration and gradients will became smooth neutral as long as your graphics card supports more than 8bit LUT (bad news for most laptops).

If you do not see visually traces of such green-magenta variation… congratulations, enjoy your SW240.

P.S: If you do not mind, please attach ICM profile generated with PME in order to see why it is storing a D50 white while you have a D65 white. Thanks in advance.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viktor
    Participant

From measurement.7z

-Uniformity is the expected by its price range : the cheapest non-discontinued widegamut out there, but IMHO you can work with it (just a few 2dC, fair for its price)

Go here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php (or another source of smooth black to white gradients)
    Open it in MS paint

If you see some green-magenta tint in that gradient… well, that is your i1DisplayPro measured in greys with those -0.3/+1.4 da* variation in some test and -0.4/+0.3 da* variation in the other html report.
    These HW calibration solutions (SOFTWARE, PME, not the underlying LUT HW in monitor) are unable to correct these issues if “out of the box” monitor (uncalibrated) has some tint in greys in “narrow” zones. PME and other software solutions take a few measurements for calibration… the do not see it, they cannot correct it.
    If you find those tints annoying, you can do a DisplayCAL graphics card calibration on top of your CAL1/CAL2/CAL3 made with PME: a simple curve or curves + matrix, GPU mid or slow speed calibration and gradients will became smooth neutral as long as your graphics card supports more than 8bit LUT (bad news for most laptops).

If you do not see visually traces of such green-magenta variation… congratulations, enjoy your SW240.

P.S: If you do not mind, please attach ICM profile generated with PME in order to see why it is storing a D50 white while you have a D65 white. Thanks in advance.

how do i  attach ICM profile generated with PME?

Viktor
    Participant

From measurement.7z

Open it in MS paint

how do i  attach ICM profile generated with PME?

do you mean calibrate a new profile at D50 with  PME then run displaycal? 🙂

Vincent
    Participant

How did you attach the “7z” file? You can do it in the same way.
    Profiles in Windows are stored in folder “C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color”

Viktor
    Participant

so you only want me to uplode the profile? why did you not say that.. 😛

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you very much.

You can see the contents with “ICC Profile Inspector” or “DisplayCAL-profile-info.exe”.
    It seems that there is no CHAD tag and no “real” TRCs in v2 profiles from PME.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Vincent.

Viktor
    Participant

here is a D50 profile! 🙂

Attachments:

Viktor
    Participant

Can this have bin the problem? https://imgur.com/a/KYopCSu

Attachments:

Vincent
    Participant

here is a D50 profile! ?

D50 calibration was not needed: PME do not store CHAD tag when they use PCS white point, that was the issue with profile white point vs measured white point.

Can this have bin the problem? https://imgur.com/a/KYopCSu

Desaturated (ALL ,even blue) and & 300:1 => very likely to be related to 16-235 range instead of 0-255 range.

Check all monitor configuration, nvidia settings configuration or DisplayCAL configuration because “user” (you) is very likely to had misconfigured something.

I wrote it before, so yes, it looks that this was the problem with your older 400:1 contrast ratio and desaturated colors (solved with output set to Full 0-255).

Regarding your last HW cal it looks good and GPU recalibration does not look that improves it, so keep PME’s profile.

Viktor
    Participant

so you dont like i need displaycal on top off the   PME’s profile?  i dont get way output set Full 0-255 i not standard in the NVIDIA drivers..

Bucciagialla
    Participant

I ask who knows something and in particular Vincent: on the dispcal site on the sw240 colorimetric corrections page new ccss files have appeared (https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/?get&type=ccss&manufacturer_id=BNQ&display=BenQ%20SW240&instrument=i1%20DisplayPro%2C%20ColorMunki%20Display%2C%20Spyder4&html=1), can they be used to profile a sw240 monitor or is it even better to use the HP_Z24x_new_panel files?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS