Unable to load calibration file on windows 1903

Home Forums Help and Support Unable to load calibration file on windows 1903

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

mikan173
    Participant

Hi,

I just upgraded to windows 1903 and it seems that the profile loader will occasionally unable to load calibration profiles. When I try to reinstall the profile, it says the profile could not be installed. I have attached error logs below. Also, my driver version is 430.39.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This looks like a driver problem, although 430.39 is working fine for me so far (GTX 1070). Maybe try and do a (clean) re-install of the driver?

pxy4
    Participant

Yes, I’m also getting the same issue.

The profile loader can’t load the profile. The icon is always shown in red.

Tried to reinstall Nvidia driver and Displaycal 3.9, the same.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Cannot reproduce. Are you using any sort of “hybrid” graphics (i.e. nVidia + Intel) by any chance?

mikan173
    Participant

No. I am using a single graphics card. I am still trying to find a way to reproduce this bug as it seems to occur randomly when the system starts up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mikan173
    Participant

I have found a way to reproduce this bug. The profile won’t load if you shutdown the system then power on. If you choose the reboot option then it will be loaded correctly.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Still cannot reproduce. In your case, access to the videoLUT (video card gamma tables) is failing (win32 API SetDeviceGammaRamp/GetDeviceGammaRamp). This is usually a graphics driver issue. You are on a newer Windows 10 version though (1903 insider build 18362.53, I’m on 1809 stable build 17763.437). You should probably provide feedback to MS and nVidia through the appropriate channels (Win10 Feedback Hub app and nVidia Display Driver Feedback form).

pxy4
    Participant

Yeah, reboot can load profile. Power Off then power on can’t load.

pxy4
    Participant

1903 build 18362.53 is not an insider version, it’s the RTM version which you can download from MSDN.

Wake
    Participant

Having the same problem with the release of Win10x64 1903 build 18362.116 and DisplayCAL 3.8.1.

First boot just shows the orange notification icon, after restarting once it works fine.

GPU is a 1060 6GB with driver version 430.64.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sorry, but I repeat: I CANNOT fix graphics drivers. Install the official vendor driver if the MS provided one does not work.

Aghoithae
    Participant

Hi,

Having the same issue and found infos in the GeForce forums.

Xylax
    Participant

The profile loads fine here with the standard (non-DCH) driver 430.64 on 1903 build 18362.116. When I check a gradient image in Paint there’s severe banding though. That didn’t happen yesterday on 1809+430.64. Didn’t realize a major Windows update could have that effect.

Wake
    Participant

@ Florian Höch

Driver was re-installed and not the one MS provides via update, but at that point it’s still for MS and AMD/Nvidia to work out it seems. Just wanted to state that the release didn’t improve in that regard.

@ Aghoithae

Thanks for the link.

@ Xylax

Does it apply on a cold boot for you? I also have the non-DCH one but that doesn’t change the behavior.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Wake.

Xylax
    Participant

It applies on both warm & cold boot yes. I did do a full clean install via USB stick (media creation tool) instead of an upgrade. The banding issue is resolved as well, had to sign out & back in to my Windows account after installing the profile to get smooth gradients and have it persist through reboots.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS