The profile was not added in time

Home Forums Help and Support The profile was not added in time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

swmcl
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a first time user of this DisplayCal software on a Ubuntu Mate 20.04.4 desktop with a UP3017 monitor.  I used a ColorEyes Display Pro device.

The software seemed to run smoothly and it seems to have created some files including a  .icc file in  my  ~/.local/share/DisplayCal/storage folder.

The file is called  “UP3017 #1 2022-08-17 10-46 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc”

When I try to use a program called ‘Color Profile Viewer’ to add a profile it creates a pop up window with the error message in the title of this post.  This is the same thing that happened at the end of the program DisplayCal.  (same result).

Where do I go from here ?

Rgds,
    Steve

swmcl
    Participant

Nothing ?

ct6789
    Participant

import the profile manually with colormgr (included in the package colord)

sudo cp [ICC] /usr/share/color/icc/colord/

colormgr get-profiles
    colormgr get-devices
    colormgr device-add-profile [DEVICE ID] [PROFILE ID]

Vincent
    Participant

Seems like an issue of your desktop distribution, try to report taht issue to them.
    But first try to change naming convention of profile for a simpler one just in case your desktop profile manager does not like some characters.

ct6789
    Participant

in my case (arch+kde) no problem with characters like “UP3017 #1 2022-08-17 10-46 2.2 F-S XYZLUT+MTX.icc”
    could be a problem, that the the profile is stuffed automatically into ~/.local/share/icc/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by ct6789.

swmcl
    Participant

Thanks guys for the responses.

ct6789, I have completed the sudo command and the ‘get-profiles’ command with no errors.  This last one produced a multi-screenful of data.

The next command, the ‘get-devices’ command completed without any feedback.

I’m pretty sure the last command you gave me is meant to have specific data put into the fields.  Where is that data and what is the best options here ?

Cheers,

Steve

swmcl
    Participant

So for a start, my ‘get-devices’ command completed without any feedback.  So I assume there are no devices found ??  What is the command trying to do for me ?

ct6789
    Participant

MATE desktop environment seems to be tricky, KDE and Gnome should be no problem with packages:
    colord/ colord-kde + gnome-color-manager (yes, even for KDE)

https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?320869-Re-Color-management-in-MATE

ct6789
    Participant

install xiccd and “colormgr get-devices” should work

swmcl
    Participant

Thanks again for the reply.

Unfortunately, no change in response after installing the mentioned package.

I will say I did think it was an issue with MATE.  I am in the process of building a couple of new computers but this has been delayed.  Hopefully some of my parts will get swapped out today then shipped.

I am considering going back to Ubuntu but this is not going to be a happy journey for me as I don’t like the way they do things.  Another option would be Debian Testing.  When I started out on Linux I was compiling my own kernel in Debian but I left Debian because of how slow the releases were.  That was around 2003-2005 or so.  Perhaps now a Testing distribution would be more up-to-date for me.  It would certainly be a better fit for my way of thinking.

Any thoughts on Linux distributions with special considerations for DisplayCal ?

Cheers,
    Steve

ct6789
    Participant

“Now reboot or log-out and back in again, and you should see xiccd running under your user. Run the command: “colormgr get-devices”. You should now see devices where there were none, and installing a profile should work!”

in case this fails, you should consider arch 😉
    https://github.com/khaneliman/ArchTitus
    super easy install (choose kde + ext4 + yay)

swmcl
    Participant

Some progress but …

Please see screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

swmcl
    Participant

Arch is for really hard nuts.  Harder than me anyway.

The new computers are going to present a challenge to Linux variants I think so I don’t want to be custom building things as Arch is designed.  I appreciate that it is probably a really sweet distribution even so.

I’m a Plug-n-Play kinda guy now…. (too old for this @#$%)

ct6789
    Participant

linux needs ” for paths/IDs/files  when there are spaces between 😉

colormgr device-add-profile ‘xrandr-DELL UP 3017-1J……’ [profile ID]

please show output for colormgr get-profiles!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by ct6789.

ct6789
    Participant

here an example:

#ASUS VC239 profile add
    colormgr device-add-profile HDMI-A-2 icc-c203bfde440baed2d6fa44ba44640e26

#sRGB profile add
    colormgr device-add-profile HDMI-A-2 icc-fa8a9806449005e3e1a1abdfd569fd75

#profile switch
    colormgr device-make-profile-default HDMI-A-2 icc-c203bfde440baed2d6fa44ba44640e26

colormgr device-make-profile-default HDMI-A-2 icc-fa8a9806449005e3e1a1abdfd569fd75

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS