Systray app startup and mouse freeze

Home Forums Help and Support Systray app startup and mouse freeze

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Morten Hogholm Pedersen
    Participant

I have two problems / questions. Have been using Displaycal on Windows 10 with success until the 1709 upgrade, which broke the calibration, but assume a new measurement will fix that?

1. What starts the systray app at startup – the “DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.exe” program. I cannot find any startup entries that starts it on my machine and I need to disable it (reason below)
    2. I ask, since the application freezes the mouse every time it checks for the calibration and possibly reloads it. Then the mouse freezes for about a second which make it unbearable to work with your PC. I don’t know if it a windows 10 creators upgrade 1709 issue, but I don’t think I had the issue before. Have you experienced it too?

I have attached a windows performance recorder / analyzer screendump, that shows that the mouse freezes I had at 7, 20 and 32 seconds after recording starts with the displaycal application doing something with power – which then freezes more or less the whole system for a second each time. I

kind regards,

Morten

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

What starts the systray app at startup – the “DisplayCAL-apply-pro files.exe” program.

it is handled by a Windows task scheduler entry.

I ask, since the application freezes the mouse every time it checks for the calibration and possibly reloads it.

That’s not normal. Which version of DisplayCAL are you using? You may also want to have a look at the discussion related to issue #9507.

Morten Hogholm Pedersen
    Participant

Found it thanks. I was using version 3.4 and the trouble started when I updated to the Fall Creators update of windows 10 (1709) I think. After ugrade to 3.5.1 it seems to work without the intermittent mouse freeze. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS