Synthetic Profile: I need help creating a Japanese NTSC (1987) D93 icc, please.

Home Forums Help and Support Synthetic Profile: I need help creating a Japanese NTSC (1987) D93 icc, please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

USER
    Participant

I want to create a synthetic profile for Japanese NTSC (1987) with a 9300k (“D93”) white point.

What settings should I change and to what value? Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

D93 chromaticity is x 0.28314 y 0.29711

USER
    Participant

OK, thank you! I realize that the issue I was having was something else. I’m trying to use this synthetic ICC to tag a neutral LUT with this profile. Then I convert it to my monitor profile using Photoshop CC but since it is a different white temp, it looks like it didn’t work (looks warm again). Thoughts?

Thanks again for your wonderful program.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by USER.

USER
    Participant

When I apply the synthetic profile (D93 NTSC) to a picture in Photoshop, It doesn’t seem to be any different than the warm NTSC profile.

There is definitely a difference from monitor color (Adobe RGB warm)  but the white point is the same for NTSC and NTSC-D93 (warm)

Why could that be?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Photoshop does not support absolute colorimetric intent with display profiles. You can create a 3D LUT (device link) and apply that in Photoshop instead.

USER
    Participant

Perfect, thank you so much. I made things more complicated than they needed to be.

1. Create synthetic profile
    2. Use it as the source in 3DLUT and choose my monitor profile as destination
    3. Done!

Amazing, thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS