Strange bug: green tint on grey fields after calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Strange bug: green tint on grey fields after calibration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Walter
    Participant

Hello everybody.

This is my first post. Actually I wanted to ask some more complex questions regarding calibration, profiling and color management, but there’s suddenly a very strange behaviour after I install a new calibration.

First of all: I am on a macOS 10.13.1. and I have a wide gamut monitor (LG 31MU97) driven by a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB. I use a ColorMunki Display colorimeter although I am going to switch to an i1Display Pro device as I want to use the hardware calibration abilities for my monitor using True Color Pro as well.

As i am new to monitor calibration and color management and I really want to dig deep into it, I have been calibrating and profiling with different white points, luminosity settings and gamma curves for the last 2 days and the results very always very good from the beginning. A big thanks for this great software to Florian!

But now something really strange happens after I apply a new profile calibrated using Display Cal. Some of the grey fields in the finder or other programs get a real green tint as the rest of the calibration seems fine. Then when I go into preferences and change to the old profile the green tint is gone. When I reapply the newly created profile, almost all grey fields are neutral, expect the finder. Also when I verify the the calibrated monitor it says that everything would be fine. I did a calibration with the Colormunki-Software and everything was fine.

Any idea what this could be?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Mark Walter.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

But now something really strange happens after I apply a new profile calibrated using Display Cal. Some of the grey fields in the finder or other programs get a real green tint as the rest of the calibration seems fine.

Assuming this is not caused by your desktop background (Finder sidebar background color changes with respect to the part of the desktop behind it), log out and back in, or reboot, or clear the Finder cache (/Users/YourUserName/Library/Caches/com.apple.finder).

Mark Walter
    Participant

Thanks for your instant  reply, Florian.

Of course it was not the finder‘s transperency and a green background. I ran a calibration on my backup system where I had to install everything from scratch with the same result.

Then I switched off „Luminosity Homogeneity“ in the display‘s menu settings, which I must have switched on before and the strange behaviour didn‘t occure anymore after calibration.

Now I wonder why this happens. Because when I use the Colormunki original software the green tint doesn‘t appear wirh this feature switched on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS