Spyder: Measuring Refresh Rate Failed

Home Forums Help and Support Spyder: Measuring Refresh Rate Failed

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does Spyder5 use the same “*.bin” corrections than Spyder4? I mean the same data and/or the same number of backlight types.

Yes, absolutely identical.

So if you have tested a Spyder5 for DCG3 release, we would like to know that things before buying a brand new Spyder5 colorimeter: how many backlight types, nm resolution, RGBW or just W specta…

I don’t have a Spyder 5 myself (yet), Graeme has tested and compared it to the i1D3 during implementation. It seems for the most part identical to the Spyder4 (same speed, filters look the same etc.), but the sample Graeme tested was measurably more accurate than a Spyder4 for what it’s worth. If that was just a good sample or if the accuracy of a Spyder5 compared to a Spyder4 is generally higher is hard to tell without looking at more samples.

To be honest, if you’re looking to buy an instrument, from what I know and have seen (Graeme would probably agree) an i1D3 (ColorMunki Display or i1 Display Pro) is still better accuracy/repeatability, speed and low light sensitivity wise, and has better filters.

• This reply was modified on 2015-05-05 13:44:38 by fhoech.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

anonymous SourceForge

hi, this affects the interactive white point thing. giving an alternate grey/white pattern (unless that’s how its meant to be in dspcal 3)

anonymous SourceForge

I can confirm this error also occurs when selecting White LED display type and using a Spyker4

• This reply was modified on 2016-01-31 10:19:40 by *anonymous.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s not an error. The warning is harmless.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Here’s a work-around for the warning by setting a refresh rate override.

Go into the “Options” menu and select “Set additional commandline arguments…”. Add the following for both dispcal and dispread:
    -YR:60

EDIT: Note that this work-around is no longer needed when using dispcalGUI 3.0.3 or later.

• This reply was modified on 2015-07-09 01:28:27 by fhoech.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS