"Should ?" we be using firefox w/ icc ?

Home Forums Help and Support "Should ?" we be using firefox w/ icc ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

I’ve recently turned on the Firefox color management fulltime for a week. I noticed that apart from most images looking less saturated, which should be accurate, the Tone is also much lighter. Alot of websites/ images seem to pick up quicker from black which overall looks to have much less depth.

Now, if creators are targeting a mainly uncalibrated audience, whose monitors are not even using srgb tone curve, rather the 2.2 relative.

Is it more -correct_ towards artist intent- on the consumer end to NOT use ICC to web browse ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Personally, I’m using Firefox color management since its inception, and have never looked back.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Is there a way to change the tone curve that firefox corrects into ?

As in, keep gamut correction, but change tone curve to non-srgb

Vincent
    Participant

A way to do what you ask is a synthetic profile as display profile but do not install it as default display profile in OS, configure it in firefox about:config display profile.
    Such synth profile would have typical matrix-like info with your display primaries for gamut correction and sRGB TRC.
    This has a collateral effect of darkening AdobeRGB JPG in black side, but they are uncommon in web contents

I would let firefox with it’s full color management, without this tweak… but you asked for one.

asdfage wegagag
    Participant

Thx, Vincent, I will try this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS