Recomended configuration in a new laptop for correct color. Intel, AMD, GPU…

Home Forums Help and Support Recomended configuration in a new laptop for correct color. Intel, AMD, GPU…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hello!

First of all, I don´t know if this is the correct site to make this question or if the correct site is “General Discussion” but I put it here because of the main questions I have are a bit technical. Please, feel free to move it if this is not the correct site, and sorry.

I am having problems with a laptop I bought last week and I am trying to return it to the shop.

It is the Aorus 15G-KB. I like it but it has some things I don´t like in terms of color management. I can´t configure DisplayCal loader as default, and I don´t know what is the problem (I have a different topic created to solve this).

The laptop has a RTX-2060.

I know Windows and Nvidia has problems in terms of manage the color of displays, 8 bit, not dithering, DisplayCal loader are not stable sometimes…

I can´t buy an Desktop PC, I only need a laptop because of my personal situation. I have photography as hobby but I give very special importance to color, in the integrated display and in external display (always sRGB). I am very interesting in having a good screen in the internal panel (good uniformity in the possibilities, sRGB…).

I want to forget all the problems related I talk about, but I don´t know a lot of more information.

Are there any configuration that solves this problems easily? Maybe always use Radeon + Intel, how about Radeon + AMD? Integrated GPUs in AMD CPUs always do it bad like Intel units having only 8 bits at output?

As I am not a professional, I only have a budget of around 1400€ for the laptop. I use Lightroom and sometimes PS, and I want a good and stable reproduction of color in all situations (I know about the limitations and the programs that not work with color management) I don´t know if is possible to achieve that (always sRGB, I can´t afford for a AdobeRGB flow system).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Oscar
    Participant

Up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS