question about moving my profiles from PC to Mac

Home Forums General Discussion question about moving my profiles from PC to Mac

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kofman13
    Participant

so i calibrated both my monitors on my windows PC with xrite  i1Studio. looks great. I just got a new M1 Mac Mini and i am using the same monitors via HDMI though with this new mac. I have not changed settings on either of the monitors. one monitor still looks good even though there is no calibrated ICC profile running on the mac for it. the other monitor for some reason looks HORRIBLE, the mac is somehow putting its own color profile for it or something.

anyway. How can i migrate my already calibrated profiles from my windows computer to my mac? Should i install displaycal on mac and move the folders from windows? Or should i simply take the ICC profile that displaycal made on windows, and load it in ColorSync on mac? Whats the best way to do this? i dont want to calibrate all over again. i really liked the results i had on my windows computer so i just want to move over profiles to the mac

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by kofman13.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Or should i simply take the ICC profile that displaycal made on windows, and load it in ColorSync on mac?

Copy them, load them on OS.

But if they use GPU grey calibration other users have suggested that M1 is not able to load GPU calibrations.. Ask him, there is a thread over here.

DisplayCAL and Big Sur on M1

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

kofman13
    Participant

Or should i simply take the ICC profile that displaycal made on windows, and load it in ColorSync on mac?

Copy them, load them on OS.

But if they use GPU grey calibration other users have suggested that M1 is not able to load GPU calibrations.. Ask him, there is a thread over here.

DisplayCAL and Big Sur on M1

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“DisplayCAL and Big Sur on M1” — DisplayCAL” src=”https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/displaycal-and-big-sur-on-m1/embed/#?secret=9JoIcQKaxI&#8221; data-secret=”9JoIcQKaxI” width=”474″ height=”267″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

I actually just installed display cal on my NON M1, 2019 macobook pro which has an INTEL chip not M1. loaded settings from my displaycal calibration on PC, to the Mac displaycal, and it still looks bad. and actually when I switch to the profile on Mac, it switches back to default within half a second, it doesn’t stay. The weird part of all of this is it seems to be applying some weird visual profile on my Acer monitor I can’t change. but on my LG monitor, it looks the same as it did on PC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS