Profile loader wont work – Win 10

Home Forums Help and Support Profile loader wont work – Win 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Photojohn
    Participant

I am having a problem where the profile loader says “Calibration curves could not be loaded”

I have attached the log files

thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

No videoLUT access. You may need to update your graphics driver.

Dylan Waddell
    Participant

I am having a problem where the profile loader says “Calibration curves could not be loaded”

I was having the same issue after installing windows update 1903 on my laptop with integrated graphics but saw someone mention to try disabling “fast startup” which worked for me. A restart of the system would work fine but turning it on from shutdown it wouldn’t work as it wasn’t truly shutdown (link on how to disable it). It only takes a minute to give it a go, and just put it back worst case.

kamikatze13
    Participant

Can confirm the issue on Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.116 and an Nvidia 1070 on DCH driver ver. 430.86, which is the most current.

Sporadically, after a reboot, the Profile Loader shows a minus sign in its tray icon. Clicking “Reset video card gamma table” yields

Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT for clearing

in the log window, among other VideoLUT-related errors:

Checking video card gamma table access for display 1...
    Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT
    Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT for loading
    ...failed!
    Checking video card gamma table access for display 2...
    Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT
    Dispwin: Error - We don't have access to the VideoLUT for loading
    ...failed!
    Initializing GUI...
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by kamikatze13.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates installed, especially KB4497935 (v1903 build number should be 18362.145).

Photojohn
    Participant

I will have a look at the fast startup but I have noticed when I first start windows it works then it stops then if I re-start it works again

I have the latest windows update and latest video driver

kamikatze13
    Participant

indeed, KB4497935 was available, even though the system has been freshly installed 3 days ago and windows update was manually checked for updates multiple times before.

anyways, it did not resolve the issue. Build 18362.145 and have a minus sign in the profile loader after a shutdown->start sequence.

powercfg -h off seems to alleviate the issue (by disabling both hibernation and fast startup), though.

Photojohn
    Participant

indeed, KB4497935 was available, even though the system has been freshly installed 3 days ago and windows update was manually checked for updates multiple times before.

anyways, it did not resolve the issue. Build 18362.145 and have a minus sign in the profile loader after a shutdown->start sequence.

powercfg -h off seems to alleviate the issue (by disabling both hibernation and fast startup), though.

I have disabled the fast start so see how it goes

I’ll report back

Photojohn
    Participant

OK disabling the fast start seems to have worked for me at the moment. Early days but all seems good

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Photojohn.

Photojohn
    Participant

I was having the same issue after installing windows update 1903 on my laptop with integrated graphics but saw someone mention to try disabling “fast startup” which worked for me. A restart of the system would work fine but turning it on from shutdown it wouldn’t work as it wasn’t truly shutdown (link on how to disable it). It only takes a minute to give it a go, and just put it back worst case.

Thank you very much – Very much appreciate your help

Disabling the fast start does not seem to make the startup any slower. I think with an SSD drive its fast enough anyway

t.g.v
    Participant

… same problem with AMD card, latest driver and Win 1903 buil date 8.6.2019.

regards – Guenther

i did not have fast start enabled.

Francisco Garcia
    Participant

Hi… I do have same issue with an Intel HD Graphics 520. Used to work fine, but had to reinstall windows, and now I can not install the profile.. I get the same errors… I have Windows 10 May Update with build 18362.175… I tried disabling fast start and did not work… any suggestion is welcomed… Thanks!

Oreo5000
    Participant

Hi all,

Having a similar issue here. I have tried disabling everything from startup and also disabling fast boot/hibernate but no joy.

DisplayCAL is now just a grey icon in the task bar and when clicked I am shown the ‘Calibration Loading Disabled’ message.

I’m running Windows 10 OS build 18362.175. Latest GPU drivers (Nvidia 1080Ti).

The issue appears to be a little random, it was working fine yesterday but today after numerous shut downs and restarts I can’t seem to get it to kick in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Photojohn
    Participant

Since disabling the fast start-up I have had no more problems and it all works as it should

Hope it stays that way  – * Fingers Crossed*

Oreo5000
    Participant

Since disabling the fast start-up I have had no more problems and it all works as it should

Hope it stays that way  – * Fingers Crossed*

Hi John,

Did you just disable this under:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings -> ‘Define power buttons..’

Or is there somewhere else I can try?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS