Profile loader does not appear on screen

Home Forums Help and Support Profile loader does not appear on screen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

biped
    Participant

Windows 10 – I calibrated a couple of displays with DisplayCal and the new profiles always were loaded up at boot time.  Perhaps it was a windows update but I saw that this process ceased.

The profiles took many hours to do and I want to reload them. I tried the profle loader which I would have thought would present me with various profiles to choose from but I get nothing appearing on screen – the process DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.exe does appear in my process list but there is  neither a change on screen which is clearly not in the corrected profiled state – nor – as stated do I see any gui window.

I tried to get W10 to load the profiles and it worked yesterday but today it does not – so I have disabled the W10 with the ‘use this’ check box and still nothing changes the display. Starting Displaycal itself does not change the display though I see brief flicker when it loads

I uninstalled Displaycal and reinstalled and nothing happens – I could calibrate the screens again but this should be done overnight and would take hours – I need to work on a job so just want to get the last recent profiles to load

Appreciate any help

asafiko
    Participant

I disabled fast start up and it workes for me.

biped
    Participant

thanks for the response – where is this setting ? Obviously I have no profile loader appearing so cannot reach its settings. I cannot see a fast startup setting in the calibration program

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by biped.

Patrick1978
    Participant

Fast startup is a Windows setting found in the old power control panel.

For some reason in Windows 1903 having fast startup enabled prevents access to the vLUT when you start your computer from a cold boot.

For me info on fast startup and how to change the setting see the link

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

biped
    Participant

Oh that one – thanks – I did try turning that off and it was not it in this case – this is about loading it when running – I recalibrated on monitor on its fastest setting and after it worked and asked me to install the profile I remembered that a few days ago when I did that it said that it could not install the profile. This time it did and other profiles do load again when I start the main displaycal program.  So that part must have been to do with permissions somewhere . But  even so -profile loader does not opem any window – is it just to load existing profiles or a gui to permit one to choose and load other stored profiles at will?

beepilyboopilydoopy
    Participant

I had a similar problem. This morning DisplayCAL profile loader on Windows 10 was working. Then I shut off the notebook. When I turned it back on in the afternoon,  the tray icon was not there anymore, but the task manager shows it running. When I try opening DisplayCAL, no windows open, but the task manager shows it running.  The log says something about duplicate instance.

But I then uninstalled and reinstalled DisplayCAL and it started working again. Very strange. I have fast startup disabled.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS