problem calibration ASUS ProArt PA329C

Home Forums Help and Support problem calibration ASUS ProArt PA329C

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

yair sigron
    Participant

hey guys,

so my problem is like this
    I have a 2 screen setup
    one is the ASUS ProArt PA329C
    and the other is dell u2515H
    both calibrated by xrite1 pro
    the problem is some weird thing on the Asus one according to colors
    when opening photos on windows 10 they start more saturated and changing fast to the right colors but you can see the change
    but the worst thing happens in premiere pro the colors just looks different than any other software including da Vinci (where I color grade my videos)
    but when moving the playback screen to the dell screen side the colors are the right colors
    tried calibrating like 4 times already and nothing helped

I don’t understand why it’s happening
    using 2080ti with updated drivers (if it makes any sense)

add a photo to explain it better the right one is the dell the left is the Asus and you can clearly see the hue difference

any suggestions on why it’s happening and how to solve it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

It’s called color management (actually ‘the lack of’). Do not buy widegamut monitors in Linux/Windows System without knowing how it works.
    If it is too complicated for you, you can use DWMLUT to simulate a sRGB monitor on Asus and assign that profile to monitor on OS settings. There is a thread about DMWLUT & other related apps.

yair sigron
    Participant

well, I tried to do as much research as I can before buying but it doesn’t matter, cuz that’s the situation right now unfortunately
    which sound odd cuz my friend has the same monitor and everything looks just right with his

can you elaborate more about what is the problem in your opinion?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by yair sigron.

Vincent
    Participant

Lack of “color management” in your software (or not properly configured). If you do not know what this means I cannot explain it in a board post. There are courses & webinars.

So, as I said above, one “simple” solution will be to limit colospace to sRGB/Rec709. You can use DWMLUT application by LeDoge. Just calibrate display to D65 2.2 gamma (or whatever you want) and make a highly detailed profile. Then make a IRIDAS .cube LUT from that profile (destination) simulating whatever you want (origin). WHen you load that LUT3D in DWMLUT GPU will simulate that “origin colorspace”. Don’t forget to put as display profile that “origin” you try to simulate. That way, no matter if your apps are color managed or not, as long as content is sRGB should look close to what you expect.
    There is a thread for that app.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

can you elaborate more about what is the problem in your opinion?

We’re sorry, but we’re tired to explain color management essentials to every new user. Try to read on in the Internet. I’m not ready to give you good link in this minute, search for “color management for protographer”, “using two displays with profiles”. DWM_LUT is really the best way by now to resolve the problem for non-advanced users. It can turn your displays to sRGB-emulating ones. Find out corresponding threads on this forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS