lightspace htp

Home Forums General Discussion lightspace htp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Old Man
    Participant

lightspace htp attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

lightspace htp attached

Tested this weekend, try to verify a Rec709 cal with quick profile.
    Then made a full colorspace characterization 17^3 on a widegamut (native) and created a LUT3D in their mlc propietary format. But to validate it had to use a quick profile or re do a full display characterization with LUT3D active to get a report, I saw no other way to get a report.

Also I tested its custom matrix correction. Not very intuitive at first try but afterwards look a natural way to do it: choose reference measurement, choose uncorrected devide measurements so you can combine them as you want for that dislay (several references, several colorimeters to corret)

When I click on 3×3 cube icon applicatuion becomes no responsive and crashes, IDNK why.

I do not like the way it changes default meter, it should have a combo box instead requesting one by one. Since it’s abandonware I assume it is corrected on current comercial software.

Thanks for uploading it, it’s good to have another verification tool free.

NoVoicemail
    Participant

does this version contain FCVM (4 Color Volumetric Matching) for meter profiling?

Vincent
    Participant

does this version contain FCVM (4 Color Volumetric Matching) for meter profiling?

IDNK.

It does not write on screen or to a file a 3×3 matrix like Calman or ArgyllCMS does.

you take 4 WRGB readings with device A, save as “My display1 device A”

then you take 4 WRGB readings with device B, save as “My display1 device B”

Then you choose on colorimeter configuration:
    use as reference “My display1 device A” (a combo box of saved measurements)
    and my device for measurement described by “My display1 device B”
    and computes correction between the two on the fly, but actual correction values does not show up. Maybe there is an option to see the 3×3 matrix but I have not seen it.

Ben
    Participant

My Windows 10 stopped accepting this app.  I wonder why it shows the startup screen for 5 seconds and then goes off.   I tryed looking for logs but cant find them.   Where is the logs?   I can not find any unsual program reports in Windows Event viewer errors.    The drivers is getting errors there but i dont think that is a problem.  It is checking for Windows 11 compatiblity but the cpu and motherboard are not TPM 2.0 upgradable.    HCFR and Displaycal still work.  Is it the new C++ 2013 version conflicting with its 1 version behind?   I tryed uninstalling the old version.    I checked autoruns and run as administrator.   It has to be something new on my pc.      Is it working on yours still?

I hope you help.

nelldrip
    Participant

It started when I put the computer offline.

Blocking the network access with Defender didn’t help.
    With the network completely suspended when start appication, it works well.
    So I disabled the network every time I started HTP.

Ben
    Participant

Wow it was not just me.   Thanks for the fix.   Hope I get this work with network. It was working with network before and has networking features in it.   I should have suspected network bugs.  I did read about the Windows 11 changes for smb not letting guest user work by default.   I did think it was a access violation.   Must be a network one.

NoVoicemail
    Participant

I found similar thing worked in linux + wine (win10 environment).

With network(wifi) enabled lightspace launches and closes after a few seconds.

If Wifi is disabled, lightspace launches fine and then you can enable wifi after.

very odd behavior

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by NoVoicemail.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by NoVoicemail.

NoVoicemail
    Participant

the problem is probably Check For Updates it tries to run during startup

If i manually click check for updates under help menu, it will crash everytime.

Ben
    Participant

Now I tested Lightspace and it works while I am online.   Some windows updates and steam updates and a new visual studio got installed from a uncommon and new opensource screen calibrator.   It did not work good and was way to complicated.  Novideosrg did what I needed.   I dont need my rgb clamped though it looks fine and better off.   Not as bright colors visually  and bad color points in colorspace.   Even without it color reads under 3 so it is ok.   With it my delta e was under 2 and it tracked color lumance right but i dont think the visual trade off is good.   A little longer range of colors is better than standard in my opinion.

It is same as way back in the 90s most freeware is not that good.   It is even a good place for the dos viruses.   I had to bypass my scanners to install it.

Edit.   Just thought it could be the webupdate site is online again.  I did the webupdate check and it not crashed.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Ben.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS