Preserve calibration state not working [Solved]

Home Forums Help and Support Preserve calibration state not working [Solved]

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

nicolas
    Participant

Indeed, by “default profile”, I meant “video card gamma tables” (as I use the french locale, I wasn’t sure of the correct phrasing…).

And I made new observations…

So I rephrase my explanation :

• After a change in the display (e.g. UAC prompt or lock / unlock session), my display is reverted back to the video card gamma tables.
    • Then, usually, the Profile Loader loads my personal profile… and that’s OK.
    • Sometimes, just after having loaded the profile, it reverts back to the video card gamma tables. Then, in this case, it stays like that if I continue using the already opened windows/software… the personal profile is not reloaded until I open a new window/software.

It seems that the detection of the changes in process can sometimes be wrong or that a reset of the video card gamma table is done after the profile loading and that the Profile Loader does not see it.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

a reset of the video card gamma table is done after the profile loading

You can work around that by opening (or closing) any other program.

nicolas
    Participant

Yes, thanks ! 🙂

Maybe I’ll revert to 3.2 if it bugs me too much.

Out of pure curiosity : why did you change the method for the profile preservation (timer vs detection) ? Was it too CPU intensive ? Or less elegant ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Maybe I’ll revert to 3.2 if it bugs me too much.

I’ll probably introduce a commandline switch or config file option so users who really need it can get implicit reloading every three seconds, but first it would be good if you can figure out which other utility is resetting the videoLUT (some Intel drivers and Laptop configurations come with small utilities that mess with calibration).

Out of pure curiosity : why did you change the method for the profile preservation (timer vs detection) ? Was it too CPU intensive ? Or less elegant ?

Less elegant/efficient and in some rare cases it introduced stuttering when the calibration was reloaded (I never experienced this myself though).

nicolas
    Participant

Thanks for taking time to answer.

I tried to find the intel-related culprit but without luck… (I killed every process which seemed related to intel video card), but I’m a bit relunctant to uninstall drivers/app (it took me too long to make this old PC work !). So I’m stuck.

If you consider adding the option for the “alternate method”, I’would use it for sure.

Thanks again !

Florian Höch
    Administrator

With DisplayCAL 3.3.3, there is a hidden configuration option that will make the profile loader reapply the calibration state every three seconds regardless of other processes, like in older versions. Close the profile loader, then edit C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\DisplayCAL\DisplayCAL-apply-profiles.ini, and add a line profile_loader.track_other_processes = 0

nicolas
    Participant

Thank you very much !

Tested it and it works perfectly fine…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS