‘NonType’ object has no attribute ‘DeviceKey’

Home Forums Help and Support ‘NonType’ object has no attribute ‘DeviceKey’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OPM1
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been using DisplayCal for several years, and I think this issue has been there all along but I have just ignored it. When I wake the computer from sleep, an “DisplayCAL-apply-profiles” error message pops up whose last line says, “Attribute Error:  ‘NonType’ object has no attribute ‘DeviceKey'”.

Does this mean that the profile was not properly loaded? I have been checking the result visually after calibration+profiling, but not later…

It’s a Dell Precision Mobile 3530 laptop. I have long had vague issues with the separate NVidia Quoadro P600 graphics card (driver?) and for a while had the card completely disabled (among other things, the computer would not wake up from sleep and also had blue screen errors). Now I just did a clean install of Windows 10  (21H2, 64-bit), and other issues have gone away.

–OPM1

OPM1
    Participant

Oh, I did find these earlier threads before posting:

‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘DeviceKey’

The advice about re-installing the graphics driver isn’t very encouraging since I’ve done that so many times earlier… But of course I will consider doing it (if my profile seems indeed not to be used), maybe after doing an image of the boot disk or a restore point.

Now that I did a quick visual check in Photoshop, everything seems to be the same as yesterday after the calibration+profiling. I’m just looking at gray gradient and ther near.black end, though.

OPM1
    Participant

Oh, sorry about the misspelling. It should of course be ‘NoneType’.

Actually, I now seem not have gotten that error message the last few times that I’ve booted the computer. So maybe it was just a passing thing (although, as I said, it was quite regular earlier).

Everything points to the profile being used as it should — except that the device tab in the Windows color management dialog just shows two Generic PnP Monitors (I have an internal laptop display and an external BenQ PD3200U, which I’m profiling) with my integrated Intel graphics card, not the separate Nvidia Quadro P600.

Is this normal when I’ve allowed DisplayCAL to manage the profiles?

–OPM1

OPM1
    Participant

Now I got this error (attached) when waking the displays from sleep. The last line reads, “System Error: error return without exception set”. (Sorry, I don’t understand the dialog for inserting a picture.)

-OPM1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS