newbie help and switching between profles

Home Forums Help and Support newbie help and switching between profles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LilWolf
    Participant

sorry newbie here, just a couple of questions, i have created a couple of profiles one for 6500k and one for 5500k for pics, but will i have to change my monitor colors (in the monitor menu screen) each time to get the correct white point (brightness, cd/m2) for the different profile, if i try and verify by using the the interactive method , the 5500k one always shows the reds and greens as being to low and the white is not correct.

Also is there a way to adjust text , like windows cleartype text adjustment or is that just for windows created profiles, if i try and use it will it corrupt my display cal profiles.

In my 6500k profile the reds seem to be off in some desktop images and in my palemoon browser, if i adjust the monitor contrast will that change it, the red seems closer to dark dark red or burgundy almost., if i do change the contrast will i have to rerun the calibration , what is a good contrast ratio usually?

Thanks so much, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

sorry newbie here, just a couple of questions, i have created a couple of profiles one for 6500k and one for 5500k for pics, but will i have to change my monitor colors (in the monitor menu screen)

There is no need to have different profiles. Whitepoint should be chosen according to ambient light or matched to a viewing booth if using one.

if i try and verify by using the the interactive method , the 5500k one always shows the reds and greens as being to low

Interactive display adjustment is not a method to check another calibration whitepoint because calibration will be inactive during adjustment.

Also is there a way to adjust text , like windows cleartype text adjustment or is that just for windows created profiles, if i try and use it will it corrupt my display cal profiles.

ClearType has nothing to do with calibration or color management.

In my 6500k profile the reds seem to be off in some desktop images and in my palemoon browser, if i adjust the monitor contrast will that change it

Adjusting the monitor after the fact will invalidate any calibration and profile, requiring re-calibration/re-profiling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS